Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Stavinoha Geneology

  • Patricia Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Myrna,

      The Stavinoha family shown below is in the 1900 US Census for Precinct 1, Lavaca County TX.  There is a daughter Mary, shown with the birth year 1892.  The census image indicates that the father, Frank Stavinoha, immigrated to the US in 1860, and his wife Apolena immigrated in 1882.

      There is also a Mary Jalufka shown in the 1920 US census for Justice Precinct 3, DeWitt County, TX.  Her husband is Joe, and the children's names seem to be Anna, Katie, Julia, Flortina, Victor, and Alfons.

      Mary Jalufka is later shown as a divorced head of household in the 1930 US Census for Precinct 8, Refugio county, TX, with children Victor, Alfonse, Raymond, and Edwin.

      Just a few possibilities for your research.

      Pat Mercincavage
      researching: Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Reha/Rehy, Hieronymus, Shaw, and others.

      Database: 1900 United States Federal Census

      NameHome in 1900
      (City,County,State)
      Estimated Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation to Head-of-house
      Frank StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1851MährenWhiteHead
      Apolena StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1871MährenWhiteWife
      Albina Stavinoha
      Justice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1894TexasWhiteDaughter
      Josefa StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1898TexasWhiteDaughter
      Julia StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1887TexasWhiteDaughter
      Mary StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1892TexasWhiteDaughter
      William StavinohaJustice Precinct 1 , Lavaca , Texasabt 1890TexasWhiteSon

      Source Information:
      Ancestry.com. 1900 U.S. Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Original data: United States. 1900 United States Federal Census. T623, 1854 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C.