searching for Stropek

  • miladyolga@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
      I thought I would write the group for help.  I am trying to find R.W. Stropek who lived in Ganada, Tx. back in the late 1960's.  I can not find this person and would like to know if anyone can give me information on this family or any relatives.  R.W. Stropek was the family historian for Martin Blaha II and I am trying to get this information for my research.
      Debra
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
        There's a Rudolph W. Stropek in the SSDI who was born 30 May 1906, died 22
        Apr 1989. Last residence is listed as Louise, Wharton County, TX. SSN was
        issued in California.

        Also, it's Ganado, not Ganada, Texas -- in Jackson County.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...
      • miladyolga@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
          Matt,
          Thanks alot for the information.  And for the correction of the spelling of Ganado.
          Debra
        • Gerri Martisek
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
            Debra,

            Not sure what type of info you are looking for. I do not have any info
            on the Blaha family.

            Rudolph W. Stropek was a relative through marriage into my mother's side
            of the family.

            Here's what I have. It is quite a tangled story with adoptions,
            stepchildren, etc.

            1900 Lavaca Co. Census
            Stropek, Frank Head Born aug 1859 40 Married 8 yrs to US 1890
            Rosalie Wife born Sept 1864 35 Married 8 yrs to US 1890
            Frank, son born Aug 1893 6
            Stropek, Frank, nephew born May 1885 15 born Bohemia

            1910 Lavaca Co. Census (St. John's)
            Stropek, Frank Head 51 married 2 times 6 yrs current marriage to US
            1891 naturalized
            Mary, wife 32 married 1 time 6 yrs current marriage to US
            1898 3 children born, 2 living
            Frank, son 16
            Rosalie, daughter 12
            Rudolph 3
            Emil 2

            From the family of Louis Melnar, I have information that this daughter
            Rosalie who appears in the 1910 Census was adopted by the Stropek's.
            Her real parents were Joseph Lepher and Petra Velek She was born Sept
            5, 1897 and retained her mother's name of Velek

            From Texas Vital Records and family info I have the following
            additional info on family members for the Frank Stropek family.

            Another child, Mary Stropek, was born 25 Oct 1910 in Lavaca County. She
            married Frank Vengler. They had 4 children:
            Daniel Franklin 3 Nov 1944 Jackson Co., TX
            Melton John 11 Mar 1947 Jackson Co., TX
            Barbara Marie 3 April 1938 Jackson Co., TX
            Edward Aron 14 Sept 14 1942 Jackson Co., Tx

            Rudolph W Stropek married Matilda Blaha and they had at least one child:
            Rosetta Catherine Stropek 23 July 1943 in Coleman Co., TX
            Rudolph W. Stropek was born 30 May 1906 (Lavaca Co. records) and died 22
            April 1989 in Louise, Wharton County., TX Matildia Sidonia Stropek was
            born 18 Sept 18 1913 and died 14 June 1992 in Lavaca Co. Her last
            residence was Louise, Wharton Co., TX. This is from Texas Death Records
            and SSDI.

            It appears that the son Frank went to California and had 2 sons out
            there. I can give you that info if you want.

            Emil's birth date is Oct 24, 1908 in Lavaca Co. He died on 13 June 1985
            in Bexar CO., TX with his last residence being Hallettsville, TX. This
            is from SSDI

            The Stropek family fits into my family as follows.

            My gggrandfather was Frank Melnar born July 24, 1843 in Rybi, Moravia.
            He came to US in 1874. He and his first wife, Teresia, had a large
            number of children and she passed away. He then possibly had a second
            marriage and she also passed away. On Sept 20, 1915, he married Maria
            Stropek (a widow). They had 2 additional children together, James
            Melnar and Eddie Melnar.

            I spoke to Mr. Rudolph Stropek about 1986 at a Melnar Family reunion in
            Wallis, TX. He gave me information about a song that he had heard his
            stepfather sing (Frank Melnar) about climbing a mountain near Stramberk
            and something about a town called Ribi. This piece of info helped a
            cousin and a researcher locate our family back to the 1600's in Moravia
            in the town of Rybi.

            Hope this helps and let me know if you want some of the other info I
            have about Rosalie's marriage and the Frank Stropek who settled in
            California.

            Gerri
            Friendswood, TX