Welcome to Rachael Ann

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
      Hello Cousin,

      My husband Alfred is the great-grandson of Josef & Mariana Sykora Baca.
      Mariana was a sister to your ancestor Josef Sykora.

      Also, one of your relatives married into my side of the family. Dennis &
      Hattie Matus Macha's daughter Doris married my first cousin Barry Guice.

      I checked my database but don't have the name of your mother. I have a
      rather large database of the Sykora family -- the Baca information is from
      my research, but the Sykora information came from Clifford Wright and Hattie
      Macha. Perhaps you can fill in my gaps.

      Your cousin,
      Rosemary Ermis
      Alvin, TX
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
        Wow, Josef Sykora? Ennis--Used to live there, my mother wouldn't be
        there, the Czech roots trace up my father's side. You got Doris
        right.

        Doris Sykora eventually married Jack Moffitt Sr.. They had 2 sons and
        one daughter (one being my father). Doris is now living in Cuero,
        Texas, and is married to Benny Koliba.

        As I said, I used to live in Ennis. Matus Macha sounds very familiar.
        The Knapek side is very very large and the sisters of the Knapek's
        (two I believe) married the Sykora boys (John and his brother, my
        great uncle's name escapes me at the moment). John Sykora was my
        great grandfather--funny how I meet long far away cousins so quickly.
        Hattie and Dennis also ring a bell--I'll have to ask my family about
        them.

        I used to live off of Cody Rd. in Ennis and attend St. John's... this
        was almost 12 years ago...

        I might remember those names from the Czech club off of military..
        Did anyone by that name by chance go there?

        Email me if you would like, I'd love to figure this information out.

        Sincerely,
        Rachael Moffitt

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Ermis" <rermis@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Cousin,
        >
        > My husband Alfred is the great-grandson of Josef & Mariana Sykora
        Baca.
        > Mariana was a sister to your ancestor Josef Sykora.
        >
        > Also, one of your relatives married into my side of the family.
        Dennis &
        > Hattie Matus Macha's daughter Doris married my first cousin Barry
        Guice.

        > I checked my database but don't have the name of your mother. I
        have a
        > rather large database of the Sykora family -- the Baca information
        is from
        > my research, but the Sykora information came from Clifford Wright
        and Hattie
        > Macha. Perhaps you can fill in my gaps.
        >
        > Your cousin,
        > Rosemary Ermis
        > Alvin, TX

      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
          Rachael,

          Do you have any information on Benny Koliba's family? It's possible
          that he is a distant cousin of mine.

          Matt

          > Doris Sykora eventually married Jack Moffitt Sr.. They had 2 sons and
          > one daughter (one being my father). Doris is now living in Cuero,
          > Texas, and is married to Benny Koliba.
        • Rachael Ann
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
            Hello there! I do not have any information, but I have my grandmother's
            (his new wife) email address if you would like to talk to her about
            talking to him. Her email address is bandd@... ...
            Hope I could help! best of luck!
            -rachael moffitt

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@h...>