Newspaper source for West, TX circa 1917

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29 12:43 PM
      I am wondering where I might be able to find something written in a
      newspaper about the death of a great Uncle of mine, William Joe Bacak, (b.
      22 May 1895 in Mart, TX; d. 18 Jul 1917, West, TX). I am sure it would have
      made the newspaper, since he was struck by lightning picking cotton in a
      field at the time.

      (I live in Baton Rouge, and cannot do local Texas research myself.)

      Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to steer me in the right
      direction.

      Sincerely,
      Richard
    • delsmaj@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29 2:39 PM
        The West Public Library has the West News on microfilm.  The librarian's name is Henrietta Murer.

        Del Smajstrla
      • Richard Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          Thanks for the tip, Del!