Katrina

  • Judy Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      We have 11 family members in Kenner, La., 6 adults and 5 children (3
      separate homes). They all evacuated safely. Even as far out as Kenner
      there is flooding and we know for sure there is water in there
      subdivisions we just don't know how much. They evacuated to Brookhaven,
      Ms. and they were without power Tuesday, the last time we could reach
      them. We try every day to call them (land line and cell phone) and
      have not been able to get through.
      They were able to take very little with them and we hope and pray that
      they have something to come home to.
      Even though we have family who live and make a living in the New
      Orleans area, I believe that much of the N.O. area should not be
      rebuilt. The cost of lives and the expense are to great.