Obit - Joe Edward Kubicek: Monday, July 17, 1967

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      I am not sure of the date of the following newspaper article, but
      he died Monday, July 17, 1967. I need to go to Vernon, Texas and
      search old newspaper records, but it's hard to find the time.
      You will note many errors in the article. 1) Eastview Memorial Park
      is just one word. 2) I think Hollisville should be Halletsville;
      however, even that could be wrong, since Julie (Kubicek) Halencak, his
      younger sister (whose obit I posted recently), was born in Belton and
      not Moulton as all the older siblings. 3) Anetia should be Amalia.
      Note: Joe was the 3rd of 8 children to Emil and Amalia (Neitzler)
      Kubicek. Amalia died 11/5/1967.

      Attack Fatal to Farmer

      Joe Edward Kubicek, 54, well known farmer in the Lockett Community,
      died at his home at 8 p.m. Monday after suffering an apparent heart
      attack.
      Rosary will be said at 8 p.m. Tuesday in the Sullivan Funeral Home
      Chapel.
      Funeral mass will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Holy
      Family Catholic Church. Rev. Kevin Watkins will officiate.
      Interment will be in East View Memorial Park.
      Mr. Kubicek was born October 13, 1912, in Moulton, Tex., and came to
      Wilbarger County in 1925 from Hollisville with his parents, the late
      Emil Kubicek and Mrs. Anetia Kubicek of Lockett.
      He was a member of the Holy Family Catholic Church and of the Holy
      Name Society.
      Surviving are his mother; four brothers, Ted Kubicek and Anton
      Kubicek of Rayland, Raymond Kubicek of Vernon and Adolph Kubicek of
      Thalia; three sisters, Mrs. Josephine Bujnosck of Farwell, Mrs. Julia
      Halencak of Rayland and Mrs. Georgie Rekieta of Paducah.
      Pall bearers will be nephews, Robert Halencak, Johnny Halencak, Emil
      Halencak, Richard Kubicek, Frankie Kubicek, and Johnny Rekieta.
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        I, too, believe it should be Hallettsville because I cannot find a
        Hollisville in the entire US per the Rootsweb TownCounty Search Template.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...
      • Jim Hlavac
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          Well my Fellow Czechs, in case you haven't heard, the entirety of New Orleans and its suburbs will be under 9 to 20 feet of water by Wednesday evening unless some miracle at plugging a few levee breaks will happen over night.  Right now at least 20,000 people are trapped in the Superdome alone, and many more elsewhere, and our governor was blunt in her assessment that she has no idea tonight as to how to rescue them, but rescue them she must and will.
          Because I'm about the only person in this area who can speak a word of Czech / Slovak or even has a Czech/Slovak to English dictionary -- and Slovak and Czech radio tracked me down through the internet (and their correspondants are coming to my house tomorrow from Dallas to report on this,)  and the Honorary Counsel of the Czech Republic in New Orleans is unreachable, I've offered myself to local authorities here in Baton Rouge and to the Czech and Slovak embassies in Wash, DC, to help any Czech or Slovak citizens caught up in this disaster to deal with immediate problems here and then get out of the disaster area and Louisiana.  The system here is overloaded, and a however small group of foreign nationals is the least of their worries.  But, there is no point in them remaining -- so leave they must.
          About the only thing  I can think of at the moment is to send anyone who contacts me here in Baton Rouge to Texas or Arkansas since they can't go east -- so I'm open to any and all ideas as to how to do this and how they can obtain help once they get there.  It would be good to know that Texas Czech individuals and organizations might be able to help any refugees.  To my knowledge, there are at least 300 and could be as high as 1,700. Only time will tell.
          Thanks so much -- I'm sure that the nation will spring into action to help with this dreadful situation -- for it is our Tsunami.
          Jim Hlavac
          Baton Rouge LA

          Please do what you can to help.

          Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:
          I, too, believe it should be Hallettsville because I cannot find a
          Hollisville in the entire US per the Rootsweb TownCounty Search Template.

          Matt Cross
          lennonluv@...

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Beverly Franco