Czech Center Houston Gala 2005

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2005

      Press Release

      Czech Cultural Center Houston

      4920 San Jacinto Street

      Houston, Texas 77004

      Czech Center Houston Gala 2005

      A Night of Music, Dinner and Extravagant Silent Auction

      The Czech Cultural Center Houston will have a Fund Raising Gala on August 27, 2005 commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the Center, 4920 San Jacinto, Houston, Texas 77004. RSVP required; for prepaid reservation call, 713-528-2060 or email czech@.... The festive evening will feature an elaborate buffet dinner and music for your listening and dancing pleasure. Please join us and be part of something magical.

      The Czech Center Houston is celebrating its Tenth Anniversary and opening of its elegant three-story baroque-style palace in the Museum District. A genuine miracle! Built by many generous contributors, we are Celebrating the Star in our own beautiful Prague Hall! The evening includes a champagne toast to our many benefactors that have made our Star possible, a Silent Auction in the Brno Gallery and a Grande Finale drawing. The Center has a two-million dollar campaign goal to retire its bank lien and to build-out the third floor for offices, Museum and Library.

      The Center was founded in 1995 as a 501[c][3] non-profit educational cultural organization provides community services to the public for language classes and other educational programs, concerts, meetings, lectures, luncheons, dinners, weddings, social and charitable events. The Center exists to celebrate the culture, language, scholarship and the arts of Bohemia, Moravia, Slovakia, and Silesia preserving Czech and Slovak history and heritage. It is the Center’s belief that education and charity are the cornerstone of enhancing civil society in these challenging times. We accomplish this with lectures on aspects of historical, contemporary and cultural interest, various arts and musical programs. The Center is also committed to the regeneration of the Houston community at large. As an example, college scholarships and opportunities for docent and other volunteer experiences for high school, college students and others is provided. The Center donates to charities and local schools and collaborates with other museums and cultural institutions.

      For Information: For Media Contact:

      email: czech@... Gala 2005 Chair

      Telephone: 713-528-2060 Telephone: 832-452-0113