OBIT: Carroll P. Staskey

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
      Carroll P. Staskey
      CARROLL P. STASKEY, born, September 9, 1917 passed away Aug 8, 2005 age 87, residence Houston. Funeral 11:00 a.m. Thur. Aug. 11, 2005 at St. Mary's Catholic Church Bremond, Texas. Father Celso Yu officiating at St. Mary's Catholic Church Bremond, Texas. Burial at St. Mary's Cemetery Bremond, Texas. Visiting Hours Wed. 3P.M. til Rosary Thur. 8A.M. til Service. Rosary Aug. 10, 2005 Wed 7P.M. Bremond Funeral Home. Time of Death Monday Morning in Marlin, Texas of natural causes born in Bremond, Texas.

       Employed at Crown Central Petroleum for 32 Years. He served Army WWII, and was a member of St. Rose of Lima Church, Houston, Texas. He is preceded in death by his wife Christine Bielamowicz Staskey in 2002, His parents Frank and Frances Bartula Staskey. His brothers Eddie, Marion, Stash Staskey, His sisters Victoria Warhol, Pauline Snider, Janie Staskey, Catherine Nesbit, Marie Kotch. He is survived by numerous nieces, nephews, & great nieces and nephews and also Mr. & Mrs. Brent Hall & Girls Dear Friends of Houston, Texas
      Published in the Houston Chronicle on 8/10/2005.
    • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
        Is there any way where we can set up a folder with only obits? I dont read my email EVERY day like i used to and just weeding through all this is alot.... Only a suggestion....

        At 12:55 PM 8/10/2005, you wrote:

[...]

        Traditions Collective soul Ethnic
        Origin Czech republic Czech republic hotel

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

      • teddybear99@sicembears.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005

          You could always set up a filter in Outlook to filter the Obits to a folder where you could read them at a later time.  That is what I have done.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
            Rochelle,

            Might I suggest switching to Digest Mode? That way, you only receive 1-2
            e-mails a day, and sometimes not even every day.

            Matt Cross
            lennonluv@...
          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
              Teddy Bear,

              Good idea of a person setting up a filter of their own. The obituaries began as a project of Steve Alvarez and he has worked extremely hard putting the obits in a search-able data.  Many do not realize how well it is set up, such as typing in a name to search and it will go through all obits and if the name is found (be it the person, spouse, child, pallbearer, etc) it will show up.

              There are members contributing obits every day.  They are to be commended along with Steve Alvarez.  You will see comments now and then of learning of death of a distant kin and relationships to others they didn't know.  Much information is found in the obits.

              These obituaries has received national recognition statewide in genealogy articles.  No one else has it, especially free.  Don't let Ancestry find out.  <G>  I do not read many myself if the name isn't one in my data - I've found where the delete key is located.

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

              Is there any way where we can set up a folder with only obits? I dont read my email EVERY day like i used to and just weeding through all this is alot.... Only a suggestion....

              Sir John, Earl of Berkshire