Re: [TexasCzechs] Sylvia's Question

  • nmachu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , May 6, 2000
      Just noticed your name. Are you related to the Hurtas and Bosaks around El
      Maton? My mother was a Mucha and they were related to those Hurtas. I am
      just trying to get into tracing my roots and I was just wondering.

      Nancy Bryan Machu
    • WALTER PAWLIK
      Message 2 of 18 , May 6, 2000
        Hi Nancy,
        Not sure if this was meant for me or not but I am jumping in as I have
        HURTAS.
        My mother-in-law was a HURTA. Her family was from DEWITT & LAVACA counties.
        I am trying to work on them when I can get mama to answer questions. I have
        never heard of El Maton. Where is it located?

        Mollie Charles Pawlik

      • nmachu@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , May 6, 2000
          Hi!
          Thanks for replying. El Maton is near Palacios and El Campo. My mother's
          cousin was named Frank Hurta and His wife was Edith. I thought Franklin
          might be a son.
          Where is Dewitt County? Also, who are some of the Hurtas that you are
          related to?
          Nancy Machu
        • Gary & Marie
          Message 4 of 18 , May 7, 2000
            Hello Nancy

            My name Is Gary Rabel. I also have Hurtas in my family. My grand mother
            was a Mitilda Olga Hurta. Father was John Hurta married to Rosa Pearson. I
            am very interested in what you know. I remember as a young boy stories that
            included Machu people. Some even referred to as aunt and uncle. I would like
            to correspond with you and would be happy to share what ever I have with
            you. I have lots of reference material on Fayette Co. and the surrounding
            county's.

            Gary Rabel
            Dallas, Texas. Raabel, Rabel, Hurta, Valla, Pearson, Kafka, Gunther,
            Martinek

          • nmachu@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , May 7, 2000
              Gary, it was good to hear from you. I would also like to exchange info on
              the Hurtas and whomever else we may both know. I am just beginning to do
              research. My mother and father are deceased, as are almost all my older
              aunts and uncles. Too bad that I did not become interested in this years
              sooner. But I do remember when I was a small child that the Hurta relatives
              from Blessing, Elmaton and Bay City would come to visit for the weekend (and
              we also went there for the weekend). It was always such a happy event--lots
              of laughing, good food, etc. I have lost track of all of them over the
              years, but I know that my mother's cousins were Frankie Hurta, Edwin Hurta,
              Alphonse Hurta and Sophie Bosak. I think their children still live in that
              area.
              My mother's name was Mildred MUCHA. Her parents were Joe and Mary MIKUS
              Mucha. They lived in the Central Texas area, near Taylor and Granger. Joe
              Mucha had four sisters- Anna Mucha DOLEZAL, Frances Mucha SEFCIK, Mrs. Joe
              KROPP (don't know her given name) and Vera Mucha PALLA. Mary Mikus had three
              sisters- Anna Mikus HURTA of Gonzales, Frances Mikus HUNKA of Granger and
              Albina Mikus KALENDA of Holland and a brother- John Mikus of Temple.

              I would love to hear from anyone with information on any of these families.

              Nancy Bryan Machu ( yes Machu, not Mucha!)
            • slivaa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , May 7, 2000
                El Maton is near Palacios, Bay City, etc. About 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours
                (depending on how fast you drive) southwest of Houston.
                Allison Sliva
              • Gary & Marie
                Message 7 of 18 , May 7, 2000
                  Hello Nancy

                  Are you using family tree maker? I will send you some attachments for you
                  to look over.

                  Gary Rabel

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 7, 2000
                    I don't have any type software yet, but I should get something. Is that a
                    good one?
                    If so, I will buy it.
                    Right now, I am just going the old fashioned, written method!
                    Did you recognize any of the other names that pertain to my family?
                    N.Machu
                  • Gary & Marie
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 7, 2000
                      Yes I do Frantisek Hurta wife Anna Mikulas were parents of your cousins,
                      Adolph, Louis, Alphonse, Frank,Albina, Emma, and Edwin. I have several
                      hundred Hurta, Mikus, and Macha families in my data base. I have not
                      completed this group you have. But I would be happy to work with you to
                      complete it. I have used Family Tree Maker since it came out. I am not
                      familiar with any of the others out there. I do recommend it though. I do
                      not recommend the version 7.0 it has allot of features that are just not
                      necessary. It is the only way to do this and keep your sanity. Over the
                      years I world work like a terk planning trips collecting information. Then I
                      would get side traced with something. Like building a new home getting the
                      kids off to collage ect. Then when I would steal the time to start working
                      on the tree again, I would find myself plowing the same ground over and
                      over. So I strongly advise a program of some sort. It would be easer for us
                      to exchange information also. Well got mail.

                      Gary Rabel

                    • nmachu@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 7, 2000
                        That is great info!! I realize that I have a long long way to go, but I am
                        ready to try to devote some time to doing it. Will try to get the software
                        this week. I am so eager to get your information. You must have been
                        working on this for a good while.
                        THANKS
                        Nancy
                      • Steve Alvarez
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 8, 2000
                          Gary

                          Do you have any information on a Robert Macha who married a Frances Zaruba in the Austin County area.  This is part of my line.  I have yet to have a chance to research this side, so this is as much information as I have.  Also I am in the process of extracting the deaths and births of 36 names out of the Texas site.  I have already downloaded the deaths of Macha and now I am working of the births 1926 to 1949 of the same names. The births should take about another week or so. Would you like me to send you the death listing of Macha?

                          God Bless
                          Steve

                          > I don't have any type software yet, but I should get something.  Is that a
                          > good one?
                          > If so, I will buy it.
                          > Right now, I am just going the old fashioned, written method!
                          > Did you recognize any of the other names that pertain to my family?
                          > N.Machu

                        • Gary & Marie
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 8, 2000
                            Hello Steve

                                I do not have a Robert Macha listed. I do have a Frances Zaruba b. 1/11/1881 d. 4/29/1942 resting place Sealy Cem. Austin Co. Texas. Our lines keep crossing. We will make connection someday. I would like to check out your Macha's from the 1926 1949 extractions. Have you looked at the Frydek St. Mary's Cem. ? There are a lot of Pavlicek's there. I will pull them if you think they could help you?

                            Gary Rabel
                            Do you have any information on a Robert Macha who married a Frances Zaruba in the Austin County area.  This is part of my line.  I have yet to have a chance to research this side, so this is as much information as I have.  Also I am in the process of extracting the deaths and births of 36 names out of the Texas site.  I have already downloaded the deaths of Macha and now I am working of the births 1926 to 1949 of the same names. The births should take about another week or so. Would you like me to send you the death listing of Macha?

                            God Bless
                            Steve

                            > I don't have any type software yet, but I should get something.  Is that a
                            > good one?
                            > If so, I will buy it.
                            > Right now, I am just going the old fashioned, written method!
                            > Did you recognize any of the other names that pertain to my family?
                            > N.Machu

                          • Steve Alvarez
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 8, 2000
                              Hi Gary

                              Frances Zaruba is a relative of mine.  Most of my line is buried at the Frydek and Sealy Cem.
                              I think your Pavliceks are of my line.  It would be of great help if you would be willing to provide me any information on the Pavlicek line.  There are 2 lines of Pavliceks in the area.  I have information of both lines.  The line which is not mine, I have a packet of information which was given to me by a relative.  It was given to them by a lady doing research in 1972.  I use the family tree maker program as you do.  The other Pavlicek line (which is mine) I will send you what I have if you want it.

                              You say you want the 1926 to 1949 births, which I will send to you as soon as I finish in a week or so.  Do you want the deaths 1964 to 1998? They are complete.

                              I have to go to work now 3pm to 11 pm.  I will send the deaths if you want them when I return home tonight.

                              God Bless
                              Steve
                                  I do not have a Robert Macha listed. I do have a Frances Zaruba b. 1/11/1881 d. 4/29/1942 resting place Sealy Cem. Austin Co. Texas. Our lines keep crossing. We will make connection someday. I would like to check out your Macha's from the 1926 1949 extractions. Have you looked at the Frydek St. Mary's Cem. ? There are a lot of Pavlicek's there. I will pull them if you think they could help you?

                              Gary Rabel
                              Do you have any information on a Robert Macha who married a Frances Zaruba in the Austin County area.  This is part of my line.  I have yet to have a chance to research this side, so this is as much information as I have.  Also I am in the process of extracting the deaths and births of 36 names out of the Texas site.  I have already downloaded the deaths of Macha and now I am working of the births 1926 to 1949 of the same names. The births should take about another week or so. Would you like me to send you the death listing of Macha?

                              God Bless
                              Steve

                              > I don't have any type software yet, but I should get something.  Is that a
                              > good one?
                              > If so, I will buy it.
                              > Right now, I am just going the old fashioned, written method!
                              > Did you recognize any of the other names that pertain to my family?
                              > N.Machu

                            • Gary & Marie

                                    I do not have a Robert Macha listed. I do have a Frances Zaruba b. 1/11/1881 d. 4/29/1942 resting place Sealy Cem. Austin Co. Texas. Our lines keep crossing. We will make connection someday. I would like to check out your Macha's from the 1926 1949 extractions. Have you looked at the Frydek St. Mary's Cem. ? There are a lot of Pavlicek's there. I will pull them if you think they could help you?

                                Gary Rabel
                                Do you have any information on a Robert Macha who married a Frances Zaruba in the Austin County area.  This is part of my line.  I have yet to have a chance to research this side, so this is as much information as I have.  Also I am in the process of extracting the deaths and births of 36 names out of the Texas site.  I have already downloaded the deaths of Macha and now I am working of the births 1926 to 1949 of the same names. The births should take about another week or so. Would you like me to send you the death listing of Macha?

                                God Bless
                                Steve

                                > I don't have any type software yet, but I should get something.  Is that a
                                > good one?
                                > If so, I will buy it.
                                > Right now, I am just going the old fashioned, written method!
                                > Did you recognize any of the other names that pertain to my family?
                                > N.Machu

                              • Steve Alvarez
                                Message 15 of 18 , May 10, 2000
                                  Gary

                                  I downloaded 1938 Macha names last night and found this.

                                  Father :Robert Macha, : Mother Frances Zaruba,  : Daughter Shirley Jean Macha born Sept. 28, 1938 in Wharton County.  So there is a Robert Macha.

                                  Remember when I told you it would be a week or so before I finish.  I am now leaning towards the "so" part.  It is taking up to an hour to extract the 36 names out of 1 year.  I spent about 5 and 1/2 hours last night downing 1935 thru 1939.  I sometimes wonder if some of these people ever got out of bed. Ha Ha.

                                  The Macha name is up to about 126 individuals.  The rough count of the 36 names from 1926 to 1939 is at just under 3 thousand individuals.  And I still have 10 years to go.

                                  Again, I am finding the index has errors;  for example 4 different times I used the search engine to find the mothers maiden name Pavlicek, and found nothing.  but when I used the fathers surname I found a child.  In each case Pavlicek was misspelled.  On 2 of them I already had the child so I am 100% sure of the misspelling. By the way the Pavlicek name is  up to about 100 names.  In conclusion, again I state this thing should be used like a census.  If a name is missing it might be because of the spelling of the name.

                                  I will be sending you the death index of Macha just after I get my daughter off the school bus.