Census Reports: Farm schedule codes?

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      I realize this is an obscure request, but I am looking for farm schedule
      codes for the Census Reports starting from 1880 to 1930.

      I am curious to know what kind of crops (if that is what they indicate) my
      family raised.

      Thank you,
      Richard
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
        The farm schedules were seperate documents that kept information on
        the various types of crops, land held, and such. The numbers you see
        on the census form correspond to the entry number in the seperate farm
        schedule records, so what you see on the census sheets doesn't
        actually tell you that much as it's a cross referencing index kind of
        thing.

        So, the next question you probably are asking is how you can get a
        hold of the farm schedules. The answer is you can't. As far as I know
        they no longer exist. In any event they're not available anywhere.

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <Martin1019@p...>