Re: [TexasCzechs] Nan: Pitucres of Catholic Church in Frenstat

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
      Thanks for posting these pics. Looking at the altar one you can see how the hill country churches truly were fashioned afterr the pilgrims homeland......lois

      probert420@... wrote:
      Nan:

      Here are the pictures of the Catholic Church in Frenstat you ask me for, enjoy.

      Church Alter
      300 Year Old Picture

      Lois Petter Pereira
    • Nangotoo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005

        Nan:

        Here are the pictures of the Catholic Church in Frenstat you ask me for, enjoy.

        Patsy,

        They are wonderful!  Thank you so much!   I hate to be a bother, but do you have any pictures of the outside of the church or just the inside?    I would like to see what that beautiful interior is surrounded by.  hehe    It DOES remind me a lot of one of the painted churches in the way the altar is shaped, but the ones in TX are full of such color and decoration.

        I'm going to see if I can enlarge those two pictures that you sent.  They printed out very clearly from your email onto photo paper.   That 300 yr. old picture is in remarkable condition.  Do you know if it has a name?  Its beautiful from what I can tell.  No wonder you were excited about seeing it!  :-)

        Thank you again,

        Nan

        Church Alter
        300 Year Old Picture

      • probert420@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          Nan:

          Sorry, I only have the outside of the church on video tape not any on pictues.  As for the 300 year old picture, yes, there is a name.  The Priest was telling us in Czech so I can't remember the name right at this moment.  The picture is a 3-D image.

          Later,
          Patsy
        • Nangotoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
            >>Sorry, I only have the outside of the church on video tape not any on pictues.  As for the 300 year old picture, yes, there is a name.  The Priest was telling us in Czech so I can't remember the name right at this moment.  The picture is a 3-D image.<<

            That's okay.  :-)  When you go to Frenstat in a few weeks, could you take a picture of the outside of the church for me?  I already have you taking pictures of my family's houses for me--could you throw in one of the church?  Thanks.  If you have any other pictures to share, could you share them here for all  of us with family who came from that region?

            Anyone else have pictures of Frenstat that you could put in the photo files to share?

            Nan