Re: [TexasCzechs] Ondrej Petrek GravesiteFw: Petrek Family

  • George Patrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
      Thanks, Jackie,

      Later,
      Cuz George
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Ondrej Petrek GravesiteFw: Petrek Family

      Andrew Petrek
      born 23 September 1839
      Horni Becva Moravia
      Died 20 April 1918

      George Patrick <GPATRICK@...> wrote:
      The photo is of the grave of Ondrej Petrek.  A researcher from Bell County found that he had been left out of the St. Mary's Cemetery transcriptions.  I am not good with pics so hope you can see this.  I would like  for someone to translate the Czech to English if they would be so kind. Thank you.

      George
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        The translation for Ondrej Petrek grave stone is: Nar (short for narodil) born 20 September 1839
        Zem (short for zemrel) died 20 April 1918. I still speak some Czech and do have some English/Czech dictionaries that belonged to my grandparents.

        Dolores Millertexassanta5@...

[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          Thanks for the help.  I'll keep your offer in mind should I run across anything else in Czech.

          George