Re: [TexasCzechs] Assistance from "Marek" researchers?

  • D1JEZEK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 11:05 AM
      Erna Marek is my cousin, and we talk on the phone pretty regularly.  She will probably know if the Joseph Batla you are looking for is part of that tree.  I know that Ervin was a cousin of our uncle Raymond Batla and that Raymond was a twin.  Beyond that i have few details about the Batlas, but i'll call Erna and see what she knows.

      David Jezek
    • D1JEZEK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 8:00 PM
        I did talk to Erna, and the Louise Batla Marek in the obit is the daughter of Joseph and Frances Batla.  We know that our Uncle Raymond is the son of Joseph Jr. and Erna knows that there were several more brothers/sisters besides this Joseph Jr. and Louise.  but we are unclear if you are looking for this Anna to be part of that generation or the previous Joseph's generation, on which we have no information. If we need to go back to the previous Joseph's generation, we can ask Erwin's cousin who has done more of that research.  Could you clarify that for us?  What is your connection to this half brother?  Is Joseph the elder the half brother in question?  or are you looking for some as yet unnamed half brother?  Is Anna Bacak(Batla) going to be a Batla until marriage to a Bacak or was she a Bacak by name and Batla by this half sisterhood? You can email me directly at d1jezek@... if you like. Hope to hear from you soon.

        David Jezek