Assistance from "Marek" researchers?

  • richard_martin86
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
      With regard to a 2004 obituary for Mr. Ervin Marek:

      Ervin Marek, 88 of the Meeks Community, died Saturday, August 21,
      2004 in a Temple nursing home.

      <snip> Mr. Marek was born in the Meeks Community to Joe W. and
      Louise (Batla) Marek on September 13, 1915.

      <snip> He married Erna Dusek in 1938, settling in the Meeks
      Community as a farmer and rancher where he lived until his death.

      <snip> Survivors include: His wife Erna Marek of Meeks Four sons
      Kenneth Marek of Meeks Daniel Marek of Cameron Leslie Marek of Meeks
      Ronnie Marek of Fort Worth One sister Louise Glaser of Buckholts 8
      grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren Memorials may be made to the
      Ocker Brethren Church Cemetery fund or the church building fund.

      I am looking for a half brother of Anna Bacak [Batla], reportedly
      that of Joseph Batla, who married Frances (no maiden name
      available), and had a daughter named Louise and a son named Joseph,
      Jr.

      I am wondering if the Louise [Batla] Marek mentioned in the obituary
      might be the daughter of Joseph and Frances Batla. My goal is to
      find Batla relations for the aforementioned Anna Bacak [Batla].

      If anyone can be of help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

      Richard
    • D1JEZEK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Erna Marek is my cousin, and we talk on the phone pretty regularly.  She will probably know if the Joseph Batla you are looking for is part of that tree.  I know that Ervin was a cousin of our uncle Raymond Batla and that Raymond was a twin.  Beyond that i have few details about the Batlas, but i'll call Erna and see what she knows.

        David Jezek
      • D1JEZEK@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
          I did talk to Erna, and the Louise Batla Marek in the obit is the daughter of Joseph and Frances Batla.  We know that our Uncle Raymond is the son of Joseph Jr. and Erna knows that there were several more brothers/sisters besides this Joseph Jr. and Louise.  but we are unclear if you are looking for this Anna to be part of that generation or the previous Joseph's generation, on which we have no information. If we need to go back to the previous Joseph's generation, we can ask Erwin's cousin who has done more of that research.  Could you clarify that for us?  What is your connection to this half brother?  Is Joseph the elder the half brother in question?  or are you looking for some as yet unnamed half brother?  Is Anna Bacak(Batla) going to be a Batla until marriage to a Bacak or was she a Bacak by name and Batla by this half sisterhood? You can email me directly at d1jezek@... if you like. Hope to hear from you soon.

          David Jezek