Re: [TexasCzechs] kolibal surname

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2005
      >>I have read a few messages that concern my surname, Kolibal. I
      have a
      long geneology line, and know that i am some how related to Valentin
      Kolibal. Most of my family lives in the US (I live in
      Mississippi)...but the rest are all in Hungary. If anyone has any
      question, please feel free to email me directly, i would be glad to
      help and perhaps learn some more about my heritage.

      Laura<<

      Laura,

      I am a g-g-granddaughter of Antonin Valentin KOLIBAL and his wife, Franziska RECEK KOLIBAL through their youngest daughter, Anna KOLIBAL MONDRICK.  Anna was my g-grandmother.  However, Antonin Valentin was from Frenstat, Moravia, not Hungary. I have no idea where his family is from. Franziska and Antonin Valentin KOLIBAL immigrated with their three young daughters, Franziska, Mariana, and Therese (Theresa) from Frenstat to Galveston, TX on Oct. 30, 1856.  Anna was born shortly after they arrived.  Antonin V. KOLIBAL was born, probably in Holesov, May 15, 1830, to Tobias KOLIBAL and Katerina ZADRAPA. He died in 1858 after several failed crops and fires and was buried somewhere (exact location unknown) near Hostyn, probably in an unmarked grave.  Franziska, his late wife, remarried several years later to Christian KOETHER.

      I am very interested in communicating with you to see what you know about the KOLIBAL family.  However, I can't contact you directly unless you post your email address.  It isn't in the members directory for this list yet.  The only way anyone can reach you right now is on the board.  :-)

      Let's start with what I've told you and what you know and let's go from there.  I've been trying to make contact with KOLIBAL relatives for a long time.  I"m looking forward to hearing from you.

      Nanette Gaither
      San Diego, CA