Czech Republic Telephone Directory

  • Norman Vojta
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2000
      Is there a online database for Telephone Directory for the Czech
      Republic?
    • Pavel Skrecek
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000

        Definitely. Try "Czech Telecom" web site. Or I will get to you as soon as possible regarding that.
        Pavel.

        >From: "Norman Vojta"
        >To: texasczechs@egroups.com
        >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech Republic Telephone Directory
        >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:10:33 -0000
        >
        >Is there a online database for Telephone Directory for the Czech
        >Republic?

      • Pavel Skrecek
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000

          It is www.telecom.cz.

          Unfortunately, just a part of the web site is available in English. If you need any help with it let me know. I am a Czech (a real Czech ! :-)

          Also, if anybody of you guys needed any help in the Czech Republic regarding your research please let me know. I have been living in Texas since May this year and I am leaving for home before Christmas.

          Pavel.

          >From: "Norman Vojta"
          >To: texasczechs@egroups.com
          >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech Republic Telephone Directory
          >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:10:33 -0000
          >
          >Is there a online database for Telephone Directory for the Czech
          >Republic?

        • Frances Kay Nelson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000
            Hello,
            I have been trying to find my Grandfather's family from CZH since he
            came over about 1880. As of yet, I haven't been able to make
            connections on his ship arrival(supposedly Galveston, 1880). His name
            is Joseph Krizan born April 2, 1863 in Hodslavice, Moravia, CZH and
            died Dec 31, 1949 in Groom, Carson Co, Tx and is buried in the Claude
            Cemetary, Armstrong Co., TX. His father's name was Frank Krizan and his
            mother's name was Anna Rydlova. Anna was born in June of 1824 and died
            March 20, 1900 and is buried in the Claude Cemetary, Armstrong Co., TX.
            I have no information on Frank and would love to have the dates and
            history behind Frank and Anna. Anna came over with two daughters, and
            one son. The two daughters were killed in the 1900 Galveston storm. I
            do not have their married names. I am also interested in finding family
            information on my Grandmother Frances Hruska Krizan. Her father was
            Stephan Hruska and he was born in Jablunka, Moravia, CZH (I believe he
            died in 1889 and is buried somewhere in Bell Co., TX. His wife's name
            was Anna Martinec born Nov. 12, 1839 in Jablunka and died April 1930 in
            Temple, Bell Co., TX and is buried in Ocker, Bell Co., TX. I am sure
            that when you said that you were planning a trip back home that you
            weren't planning on many replies. Hope that you will give mine
            consideration.
            Kay

          • epavlik
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2000
              To: Frances Kay Nelson

              Your message to the texasczechs@egroups.com caught my eye. My great
              grandfathers brother Frank Kunetka was married to Anna Krizan in
              Hodslavice, Moravia in 1870. My great grandfather Josef Kunetka
              married Anna Barton in 1867. Another brother Ondrej Kunetka was
              single when he came to America. He later married Veronica Foyt in
              1876. I am of the opinion that all lived in Hodslavice, Moravia
              before coming to America. I think that it is very possible that all
              three of the brother came possibly on the same ship, arriving in New
              Orleans/Galveston in November of 1873. Frank Kunetka was born 15
              December 1844 and died in Cuero, Texas, DeWitt County on 25 February
              1941. Anna (Krizan) Kunetka, according to her tombstone was born on 1
              November 1849 and died on 3 December 1927. They and some of their
              children are buried in the Oak Grove Cemetery at Yoakum, Lavaca
              County, Texas. They had 10 childrens. I think that many of their
              grandchildren live in the Yoakum, Texas, Lavaca County area.

              I would appreciate any comments that you might have with regard to the
              Krizan ancestor. I have obituaries of some of Frank and Anna's
              children, but otherwise know very little about that family.

              Erwin A. Pavlik
              Giddings, Lee County, Texas
              >I have been trying to find my Grandfather's family from CZH since he
              >came over about 1880. As of yet, I haven't been able to make
              >connections on his ship arrival(supposedly Galveston, 1880). His name
              >is Joseph Krizan born April 2, 1863 in Hodslavice, Moravia, CZH and
              >died Dec 31, 1949 in Groom, Carson Co, Tx and is buried in the Claude
              >Cemetary, Armstrong Co., TX. His father's name was Frank Krizan and
              his
              >mother's name was Anna Rydlova. Anna was born in June of 1824 and
              died
              >March 20, 1900 and is buried in the Claude Cemetary, Armstrong Co.,
              TX.
              >I have no information on Frank and would love to have the dates and
              >history behind Frank and Anna. Anna came over with two daughters, and
              >one son. The two daughters were killed in the 1900 Galveston storm. I
              >do not have their married names. I am also interested in finding
              family
              >information on my Grandmother Frances Hruska Krizan. Her father was
              >Stephan Hruska and he was born in Jablunka, Moravia, CZH (I believe
              he
              >died in 1889 and is buried somewhere in Bell Co., TX. His wife's name
              >was Anna Martinec born Nov. 12, 1839 in Jablunka and died April 1930
              in
              >Temple, Bell Co., TX and is buried in Ocker, Bell Co., TX. I am sure
              >that when you said that you were planning a trip back home that you
              >weren't planning on many replies. Hope that you will give mine
              >consideration.
              >Kay

            • Frances Kay Nelson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2000
                I would love to find the connections and the history of why so many
                people left Hodslavice, Moravia, CZH and especially during that time
                frame. Both of my Grandparents explained very little about why, how,
                where about the old country. My Grandmother Frances showed me at one
                time an old family Bible with a picture of the village where
                Grandfather was from, but unfortunately a visiting brother of hers took
                the Bible without permission and is lost somewhere in the Hruska
                families. I know that my grandparents talked about the Galveston area,
                Bell Co., La Grange or Granger (probably mis-spelled) and maybe even
                Lavaca Co. I would be interested in sharing any information and I am
                attaching a photograph of my Grandparents at their 50th wedding
                anniversary. I am also enclosing a picture of my father which shows the
                Krizan features.
                kay
              • Kathy Horak Smith
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 9, 2000
                  Frances & Erwin,
                       Sara Barton and I have written a genealogist in the Hodslavice area asking for information regarding the Krizan in my family.  My great-great grandfather's step-father was a Krizan.  I've asked the man to find out some more information about this family.  I'll let you know when I hear from him.

                  Erwin, I also understand that you have Kudelka's in your family.  My great-great grandmother was a Kudelka from Hodslavice.  As soon as the semester's over I'll send you the information.  I'm swamped right now.  It's been over a week since I last checked my e-mail and I had over 100 e-mails.

                  Kathy Horak Smith