Accolades to You All

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
      Dear Friends on the List,

      Earlier this week there was a message in which a person earnestly asked what was the definition of  particular Czech word.  There were several responses in which the definition was delicately expressed.

       It was a pleasure for me to see that people do still employ tact and diplomacy.  This is why, although I have never met you of you on the list, I consider you to be friends.

      Asking questions isn't as easy as people make it out to be.  It is a pleasure and comfort to find group of people which isn't looking for an opportunity to be mean spirited.

      Kudos to All!

      Susan Rektorik Henley
    • girlmc1024@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
        To All,

        I guess that I am the person that you were referring to, "asking about the
        particular meaning of a Czech word." I thank all who responded.

        It turned out that the word was used in a sweet way. I am dating a man from
        Czech Republic. Sometimes he will use the Czech language in emails to see if
        I can translate. He had a good laugh over my attempt.

        I joined this group so that I can learn more about his country and culture.
        I have enjoyed the emails that I have received.

        Thanks!!

        Colleen