Rev. Adolph Chlumsky's Last Address

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000

      Dear Friends on the List,

      Question:  Where was Rev. Adolph Chlumsky living just prior to his death on February 01, 1919?

      I know he bought a farm near Brenham when he first came to Texas in 1889.  1889 is right, isn't it?  I saw 1888 in another place.

      I also know that he is buried in the cemetery of the Moravian Brethren Church in Granger, Texas, because he wanted to be close to this congregation whom he believed was loyal to him throughout the years.

      But, I can not find a reference as to his place of residence in the final years, does any one know?  If you have a reference citation, I really use it.

      Thanks for your time and anticipated help!

      NOTE:  I HAVE HAD SERVER PROBLEMS ALL WEEK.  I THOUGHT I SENT THIS MESSAGE ON WEDNESDAY BUT IT NEVER POSTED ANYWHERE.  I APOLOGIZE IF TWO VERSIONS OF THIS MESSAGE EVENTUALLY SHOW UP.  ALSO, I SENT SEVERAL RESPONSES TO E-MAILS DIRECTED TO ME.  IF YOU SENT ME A MESSAGE AND I DID NOT RESPOND YOU MIGHT WANT TO RECONTACT ME.  SORRY FOR THE PROBLEMS!

      Susan Rektorik Henley

    • jmarek@pcm.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
        CMB Obituary for Rev. Adolph Chlumsky says he died Feb 1, 1919 at
        Brenham at 11:00 pm from influenza and was buried at Granger Feb 4.