obit--Theresa Cernota Juroska

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      Theresa Cernota Juroska, age 82, of Alvin, Texas, passed away Wednesday,
      June 15, 2005, in Alvin, Texas.

      She was born on November 22, 1922, in Hallettsville, Texas, to parents,
      William and Theresa Woytek Cernota.

      She was married to Louis Juroska on April 15, 1939.

      She was a lifetime resident of the Brazoria and Fort Bend area.

      She was a member of St. Michael's Lutheran Church of Pearland.

      She was preceded in death by her parents.

      She is survived by husband, Louis Juroska, of Stafford, Texas; daughter,
      Louise Martin of Willis, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Richard and Shirley
      Juroska of Manvel, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Chester Roy and Saundra
      Juroska of Alvarado, Texas; son, Fred Juroska of Stafford, Texas; daughter
      and son-in-law, Tricia and David Schlegel of Manvel, Texas; grandchildren:
      Warren Martin, Tim Martin, Jennifer Juroska, Kristen Landrum, Jordanna Toon,
      Adam Roy Juroska, Theresa Juroska, Danica Schlegel and Cameron Schlegel;
      great-grandchildren: Hallie Martin, Hannah Martin and Ian Cole Landrum; and
      numerous nieces and nephews.

      Visitation was held Friday, June 17, 2005, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.,
      at Froberg Chapel.

      Graveside services were held Saturday, June 18, 2005, at Forest Park
      Westheimer Houston, Texas.
      (photo)

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
      Alvin, Texas
    • Gerri Martisek
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
        This lady is related to my husband's family. In fact, we are getting
        ready to have the Hnatek-Woytek reunion on July 24, 2005 in Vsetin.

        Gerri Martisek
        Friendswood, TX

        Rosemary Ermis wrote:
        > Theresa Cernota Juroska, age 82, of Alvin, Texas, passed away Wednesday,
        > June 15, 2005, in Alvin, Texas.
        >
        > She was born on November 22, 1922, in Hallettsville, Texas, to parents,
        > William and Theresa Woytek Cernota.
        >
        > She was married to Louis Juroska on April 15, 1939.
        >
        > She was a lifetime resident of the Brazoria and Fort Bend area.
        >
        > She was a member of St. Michael's Lutheran Church of Pearland.
        >
        > She was preceded in death by her parents.
        >
        > She is survived by husband, Louis Juroska, of Stafford, Texas; daughter,
        > Louise Martin of Willis, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Richard and
        > Shirley
        > Juroska of Manvel, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Chester Roy and Saundra
        > Juroska of Alvarado, Texas; son, Fred Juroska of Stafford, Texas; daughter
        > and son-in-law, Tricia and David Schlegel of Manvel, Texas; grandchildren:
        > Warren Martin, Tim Martin, Jennifer Juroska, Kristen Landrum, Jordanna
        > Toon,
        > Adam Roy Juroska, Theresa Juroska, Danica Schlegel and Cameron Schlegel;
        > great-grandchildren: Hallie Martin, Hannah Martin and Ian Cole Landrum; and
        > numerous nieces and nephews.
        >
        > Visitation was held Friday, June 17, 2005, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.,
        > at Froberg Chapel.
        >
        > Graveside services were held Saturday, June 18, 2005, at Forest Park
        > Westheimer Houston, Texas.
        > (photo)
        >
        > Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
        > Alvin, Texas

      • ljanda
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
          Martha A Vacek

          Martha A. Vacek, 90, of Weimar and Cuero, died May 22 at Stevens Health Care
          & Rehab Center in Yoakum.

          Funeral services were held Wednesday, May 25 at 10 a.m. at Sts. Cyril &
          Methodius Church in Dubina with the Rev. John C. Bily officiating. Burial
          was in St. John the Baptist Catholic Cemetery in Ammannsville.

          Born May 29, 1914 in Hostyn, she was the daughter of Frank and Marie
          (Peterek) Muras. She married Joe S. Vacek Jan. 15, 1940. She was a member of
          the KJZT and Christian Mothers.

          Survivors include her children, Lillie Ann Schumacher and husband Harry of
          Cuero, William Vacek and wife Nita of Fulshear, Dolores Brandi and husband
          Bobby of Shiner and Stanley Vacek and wife Betty of Taft; sister-in-law,
          Leona Muras; brother-in-law, Frank P. Vacek; 16 grandchildren; 11
          great-grandchildren.

          Memoriasl are suggested to St. Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church, Dubina
          Hospice of South Texas, or Yoakum Stevens Health Care & Rehab Center,
          Yoakum.

          Hubbard Funeral Home of Weimar was in charge of arrangements.
        • ljanda
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
            Ruby Kotrla Kubala

            Ruby Kotrla Kubala, 90, of Columbus died May 19.

            Funeral services were held Saturday, May 21 at 1 p.m. at St. Anthony
            Catholic Church in Columbus with burial in the church cemetery. The Rev. Dan
            Kahlich officiated.

            Born Jan. 14, 1915 in La Grange, she was the daughter of Rudolph and Julia
            (Horak) Kotrla. She married W. J. (Bill) Kubala May 16, 1933. He preceded
            her in death April 24, 1987. She worked at Walla’s Dry Good Stores and
            worked in alterations. She was a member of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church and
            The St. Anthony Catholica Church Altar Society.

            Survivors include two sons, Hubert M. Kubala and wife Carol of Pearland and
            Billy Kubala and wife Patty of Houston; one son-in-law, Cleburn Lincke of
            Houston; two brothers, Jerry Kotrla and wife Elizabeth of San Antonio and
            Frank Kotrla and wife Gladys of Baytown; five grandchildren; and nine
            great-grandchildren.

            She was preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Georgie Mae Lincke; two
            sister, Dorothy Cook and Margie Kottra; and six brothers, Eugene, Elo,
            Randy, Lester, Floyd, and Alfred Kotrla.

            Henneke Funeral Home of Columbus was in charge of arrangements.
          • ljanda
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
              Lula Marie Knapek

              Lula Marie (Doerrich) Knapek, 84, of Jacinto City died June 17.

              Funeral services were held Tuesday, June 21 at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic
              Church in Galena Park with the Rev. Oscar Castro officiating. Burial was in
              the San Jacinto Memorial Park.

              She was born April 23, 1921 in Hallettsville, the daughter of Frank and Olga
              (Schlottmann) Doerrich.

              Survivors include one daughter Betty Jo Wooten of Jacinto City; sons, Cyril
              Robert “Bob” Knapek of Jacinto City and David Gene Knapek of South Carolina;
              sisters, Cleo M. Janicek of Schulenburg and Hazel L. Kobersky of La Grange;
              grandson Robert Glen wooten Jr.; and great-grandchildren, Breanna Nicole
              wooten, James Leroy Wooten and Hailey JoAnne Wooten.

              She was preceded in death by her first husband, Joe Barton; her second
              husband, Cyril Frank Knapek; and one son, Leroy James Barton.

              Carter Funeral Home of Galena Park was in charge of arrangements.
            • Richard Kotrla
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2005
                Thank you for posting this.

                Richard Kotrla
                LaMarque, Texas

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "ljanda" <ljanda@c...> wrote:
                > Ruby Kotrla Kubala
                >
                > Ruby Kotrla Kubala, 90, of Columbus died May 19.
                >
                > Funeral services were held Saturday, May 21 at 1 p.m. at St.
                Anthony
                > Catholic Church in Columbus with burial in the church cemetery.
                The Rev. Dan
                > Kahlich officiated.
                >
                > Born Jan. 14, 1915 in La Grange, she was the daughter of Rudolph
                and Julia
                > (Horak) Kotrla. She married W. J. (Bill) Kubala May 16, 1933. He
                preceded
                > her in death April 24, 1987. She worked at Walla's Dry Good Stores
                and
                > worked in alterations. She was a member of St. Anthony's Catholic
                Church and
                > The St. Anthony Catholica Church Altar Society.
                >
                > Survivors include two sons, Hubert M. Kubala and wife Carol of
                Pearland and
                > Billy Kubala and wife Patty of Houston; one son-in-law, Cleburn
                Lincke of
                > Houston; two brothers, Jerry Kotrla and wife Elizabeth of San
                Antonio and
                > Frank Kotrla and wife Gladys of Baytown; five grandchildren; and
                nine
                > great-grandchildren.
                >
                > She was preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Georgie Mae
                Lincke; two
                > sister, Dorothy Cook and Margie Kottra; and six brothers, Eugene,
                Elo,
                > Randy, Lester, Floyd, and Alfred Kotrla.
                >
                > Henneke Funeral Home of Columbus was in charge of arrangements.
              • svdbihm
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Mrs Juroska was my grandmother's, Julia Cernota Juroska, sister. I
                  am the daughter of Julius Juroska and would like info on the family
                  if anyone would care to contact me. Donna Juroska Carter
                  Carterclan7@....

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Gerri Martisek <gerri@...> wrote:

                  > This lady is related to my husband's family. In fact, we are
                  getting
                  > ready to have the Hnatek-Woytek reunion on July 24, 2005 in Vsetin.
                  >
                  > Gerri Martisek
                  > Friendswood, TX
                  >
                  > Rosemary Ermis wrote:
                  > > Theresa Cernota Juroska, age 82, of Alvin, Texas, passed away
                  Wednesday,
                  > > June 15, 2005, in Alvin, Texas.
                  > >
                  > > She was born on November 22, 1922, in Hallettsville, Texas, to
                  parents,
                  > > William and Theresa Woytek Cernota.
                  > >
                  > > She was married to Louis Juroska on April 15, 1939.
                  > >
                  > > She was a lifetime resident of the Brazoria and Fort Bend area.
                  > >
                  > > She was a member of St. Michael's Lutheran Church of Pearland.
                  > >
                  > > She was preceded in death by her parents.
                  > >
                  > > She is survived by husband, Louis Juroska, of Stafford, Texas;
                  daughter,
                  > > Louise Martin of Willis, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Richard
                  and
                  > > Shirley
                  > > Juroska of Manvel, Texas; son and daughter-in-law, Chester Roy
                  and Saundra
                  > > Juroska of Alvarado, Texas; son, Fred Juroska of Stafford, Texas;
                  daughter
                  > > and son-in-law, Tricia and David Schlegel of Manvel, Texas;
                  grandchildren:
                  > > Warren Martin, Tim Martin, Jennifer Juroska, Kristen Landrum,
                  Jordanna
                  > > Toon,
                  > > Adam Roy Juroska, Theresa Juroska, Danica Schlegel and Cameron
                  Schlegel;
                  > > great-grandchildren: Hallie Martin, Hannah Martin and Ian Cole
                  Landrum; and
                  > > numerous nieces and nephews.
                  > >
                  > > Visitation was held Friday, June 17, 2005, from 6:00 p.m. until
                  9:00 p.m.,
                  > > at Froberg Chapel.
                  > >
                  > > Graveside services were held Saturday, June 18, 2005, at Forest
                  Park
                  > > Westheimer Houston, Texas.
                  > > (photo)
                  > >
                  > > Submitted by Rosemary
                  Ermis

                  Alvin, Texas

                  > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
                  mail.

                  subject=Unsubscribe>