Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 243

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2000
      My late aunt Lillie Stulir Urban made a roll that was something like a small
      cinnamon roll but the dough was firmer like a Kolache. They had a glaze but
      were not overly sweet. She would make a big batch & freeze them. When we
      came to visit she would bring some out. Usually she would warm them, but I
      remember eating them barely thawed and cold. I loved them. I haven't had
      anything to compare since Aunt Lillie passed away. When she was first ill
      there were still lots in the freezer & Uncle Charlie would bring them out,
      but the supply was finally exhausted. She didn't write down recipes and I
      never asked (I was a teenager & young adult--who knew?) Is anyone else
      familiar with this pastry?

      Pat Sommerfeld Lyon patsroar@...

      Surnames: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kolanovsky, Cabron,
      Slovak, Koniak, Uherek, Gaas, Vavra, Pavlas, Kunetka, Hubanek, Shula,
      Kocurek, Malik, Stasny, Kmiec, Sommerfeld, Behnke, Soukup, Rejcek, et al