Re: [TexasCzechs] Kovar & Krupa from Fayette Co., TX

  • Terri Billeck
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
      Thank you for your help. This family is so hard for
      me to research. I received an obit for the brother,
      Francis Joseph Kovar. It stated that he was an
      ex-POW and was survived by his sister, Marcie Martin.
      I know that there was also a sister, Annie (Anna).

      The only census info that fits this info is in the
      1930 census: John D. Kovar age 48; wife Francis (2nd
      wife) age 48; Frank age 20; Effie age 15; Isabell age
      13; Angeline age 12; Kleophus age 10; Marciana age 8.
      But I can't find this particular family in any prior
      census, even though it shows them coming over in 1892.

      I also showed a Jon Covar in the 1900 census and they
      lived next door to the Shimeks. (My Frances Kovar,
      born abt. 1896 married a Shimek) but a later census
      showed her coming in 1907, so I don't know if this
      family was related to the John D. Kovar family.

      None of my dates seem to be consistant with other
      documentation.

      Terri

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Patricia Mercincavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
        Terri,
        This John Kovar family also appears in the 1920 census, Fayette County, Plum Township.  It shows Frank, Francis, Genavefa, Isbella, Andella, and Cleofash as the children.  Just thought you might like to know, hope this helps.

        Patricia Mercincavage
        Great Falls, VA

> [...]

        > The census shows the parents being born in
        > Aus/Bohemia.  John Kovar
        > came over in 1884 and Anna in 1885.
        >
        > This family lived in the Engle area and adopted at
        > least 2 - 3 more
        > children; a daughter, Francis, a son Frank, and
        > possibly a daughter
        > named Anna.  There is an Anna Kovar in the census
        > and she's living
        > in her employer's home and it shows her coming over
        > in 1907.
        > Francis' records show her coming over in 1907 also
        > and there is a
        > picture in her belongings of an Anna Kovar.
        >
        > Does anyone else have this family in their line?
        >

        > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest
        > Mode for less mail.

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >
        > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
        'Thanks & Giving.'
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/8HGP.B/5WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/