Re: [TexasCzechs] Kovar & Krupa from Fayette Co., TX

  • John Rebecek
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2 6:21 AM
      Don't know if this will help but there are some Krupa's in the Rowena area. I don't recall his first name but he owned the H&H grocery store in Rowena and has family still living there.

      billeckfamily <billeckfamily@...> wrote:
      Does anyone have any info on the following family?  I need to make
      sure that this is the right John Kovar family.

      My records show that Frances Shimek's parents were John Kovar and
      Anna Krupa.  The only JOhn Kovar that I can find in the same area in
      the census is as follows:

      John Kovar, born 1863
      Anna, wife, 1865
      Joseph, son, 1886
      John, son, 1890
      Emil,son, 1894
      Henry, son, 1896
      Rudolf, son, 1900
      Albina, daughter, 1903
      Robert, son, 1907

      The census shows the parents being born in Aus/Bohemia.  John Kovar
      came over in 1884 and Anna in 1885.

      This family lived in the Engle area and adopted at least 2 - 3 more
      children; a daughter, Francis, a son Frank, and possibly a daughter
      named Anna.  There is an Anna Kovar in the census and she's living
      in her employer's home and it shows her coming over in 1907.
      Francis' records show her coming over in 1907 also and there is a
      picture in her belongings of an Anna Kovar.

      Does anyone else have this family in their line?

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Dolores Miller
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2 8:28 PM
        There were some Krupa's in Dime Box.  Frances Krupa Polansky is  from Dime Box - she resides at St. Joseph's Village in Bryan.  Her sister Ann Krupa Rice lives in a small town near Bryan.  Frances was a school teacher in the Irving Schools and later headed up the Special Education Program for all of the public schools in Irving.  There are a number of Kovars in Taylor. Patsy Kovar Bartosh lives on Howard St, Taylor.  Her father,Edwin Kovar,  now deceased, owned the Fallstaff Distributorship in Taylor.for many years. Hope this helps..

        John Rebecek <johnrebecek@...> wrote:
[...]

        Discover Yahoo!
      • Terri Billeck
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2 9:47 PM
          Thank you for your help. This family is so hard for
          me to research. I received an obit for the brother,
          Francis Joseph Kovar. It stated that he was an
          ex-POW and was survived by his sister, Marcie Martin.
          I know that there was also a sister, Annie (Anna).

          The only census info that fits this info is in the
          1930 census: John D. Kovar age 48; wife Francis (2nd
          wife) age 48; Frank age 20; Effie age 15; Isabell age
          13; Angeline age 12; Kleophus age 10; Marciana age 8.
          But I can't find this particular family in any prior
          census, even though it shows them coming over in 1892.

          I also showed a Jon Covar in the 1900 census and they
          lived next door to the Shimeks. (My Frances Kovar,
          born abt. 1896 married a Shimek) but a later census
          showed her coming in 1907, so I don't know if this
          family was related to the John D. Kovar family.

          None of my dates seem to be consistant with other
          documentation.

          Terri

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Patricia Mercincavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3 7:04 PM
            Terri,
            This John Kovar family also appears in the 1920 census, Fayette County, Plum Township.  It shows Frank, Francis, Genavefa, Isbella, Andella, and Cleofash as the children.  Just thought you might like to know, hope this helps.

            Patricia Mercincavage
            Great Falls, VA

> [...]

            > The census shows the parents being born in
            > Aus/Bohemia.  John Kovar
            > came over in 1884 and Anna in 1885.
            >
            > This family lived in the Engle area and adopted at
            > least 2 - 3 more
            > children; a daughter, Francis, a son Frank, and
            > possibly a daughter
            > named Anna.  There is an Anna Kovar in the census
            > and she's living
            > in her employer's home and it shows her coming over
            > in 1907.
            > Francis' records show her coming over in 1907 also
            > and there is a
            > picture in her belongings of an Anna Kovar.
            >
            > Does anyone else have this family in their line?
            >

            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest
            > Mode for less mail.

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            >
            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
            'Thanks & Giving.'
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/8HGP.B/5WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/