OBIT: Jerry Kahanek

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 5:18 AM
      (Believe the "1992" birth year here should be "1922".  )

      The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
      Jerry Kahanek - EL CAMPO

      Wednesday, June 1, 2005

      EL CAMPO - Jerry Kahanek, 82, of El Campo, died Monday, May 30, 2005.

      He was born in December 8, 1992, in Shiner, to the late Joe and Mary Mikulanchak Kahanek. He was a retired carpenter, painter and auctioneer.

      Survivors: fiance, Dell Floyd of El Campo; and sisters, Lillian Stone of LarMarque, Carolyn Newton of El Campo, and Edith Esders of Texas City.

      Preceded in death: sister, Viola Opella.

      Visitation begins today at Wheeler Funeral Home, with family visitation from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

      Services will be 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.

      Burial will be at Garden of Memories.

    • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2 8:19 PM
        EL CAMPO - Jerry Kahanek, 82, of El Campo, died Monday, May 30, 2005.

        He was born in December 8, 1992

        so which year was he actually born?? If in '92, he would only be 12.

        Wednesday, June 1, 2005

        EL CAMPO - Jerry Kahanek, 82, of El Campo, died Monday, May 30, 2005.

        He was born in December 8, 1992, in Shiner, to the late Joe and Mary Mikulanchak Kahanek. He was a retired carpenter, painter and auctioneer.

        Survivors: fiance, Dell Floyd of El Campo; and sisters, Lillian Stone of LarMarque, Carolyn Newton of El Campo, and Edith Esders of Texas City.

        Preceded in death: sister, Viola Opella.

        Visitation begins today at Wheeler Funeral Home, with family visitation from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

        Services will be 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.

        Burial will be at Garden of Memories.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

      • darlenbaker@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 5:38 PM
          He was born in 1922. He falls in my family tree.

          Darlene Baker
        • Lee Lewis
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
            This message is for Darlene Baker.

            I found you post of Lorraine's at:

            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/K/
            Krejci_(Terrell)_Lorene.html

            My father was Alvin Elroy Terrell, brother to Lorene. I am trying to
            make contact with Lorene's children (my cousins) Bobby, Kellen and
            Wanda (especially Bobby).

            Did you (or anyone in this group) know Lorene or her family?

            Any information would be greatly appreciated!

            Oh... I also saw El Campo mentioned several times in these posts. I
            used to live there. I attend school in El Campo (and Garwood,
            Wharton, and Sealy). I still have family living in the area, and
            relatives buried in El Campo (including my maternal grandmother).

            THANKS IN ADVANCE!

            Lee (Terrell) Lewis
            Cahokia, IL