Re: [TexasCzechs] Nat'l Archives & Records Admin (NARA)

  • RJBARAK@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2000
      Rick,
      I have been to the National Archives here in Southern California.....Laguna
      Niguel. The lady there at the desk was of Czech decent. Very helpful
      person.

      Because I was after the Galveston (New Orleans), Texas, immigration date of
      1870 - 71. She said they do not have that information in there facility. I
      would need to go to a Mormon church (Family History Center), because they now
      have the information. There is a Mormon church just a city block from me.
      Yes, I did find the information. But I had to order the microfilm from Salt
      Lake, Utah. They let you know when it arrives (phone).

      Ray Barak
      (Surf City, USA)
      (Huntington Beach, California)