Obituary of Christina Melnar Dusek

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:26 AM
      From the Wednesday, May 11, 2005 issue of Vestnik on page 18

           We, the undersigned Resolution Committee of Lodge Karel Havlicek No. 4, Hallettsville, Texas, on behalf of our entire member ship wish to express our sincerest and deepestt sympathy to the bereaved family of our departed lodge sister.
           CHRISTINA EMMA DUSEK of Hallettsville, who passed away on Friday, March 4, 2005 at the age of 91 years.
           She was born September 25, 1913, in Bila Hora Community in Lavaca County to the late Vinc Jim and Frances Janush Melnar.  She married Victor Dusek on November 9, 1937, and together they spent 40 wonderful years.  She was a member of Vsetin Czech Moravian Brethren Church and former member of SPJST Lodge 16 Bila Hora, which is now consolidated with Lodge 4, Hallettsville, for over 50 years.
           Survivors include sons, Victor Dusek, Jr. of Houston, Marvin Dusek of Austin, and Royce Dusek of Hallettsville; nine grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
           She was preceded in death by husband Victor Milton Dusek, on August 13, 1977; daughter, Annie Mae Dusek; sister, Augusta Pustejovsky; and brothers, Victor Will Melnar and Clifton Melnar.
           Visitation began at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 6, at Kubena Funeral Home in Hallettsville, Texas.  A prayer service was held at 7 p.m.  Services were held at 10 a.m. Monday, March 7 at Vsetin Czech Moravian Bretheren Church with Reverend Henry Beseda officiationg.  Burial followed at Bila Hora Cemetery.
           Memorials may be made to Bila Hora Cemetery Association, P. O. Box 28, Hallettsville, Texas 77964.
           May our departed sister rest in eternal peace.
      Resolution Committee,
      Gayenel Chudej
      Victoria Zak
      Kathryn Woytek