Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 2117

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2005
      Iallonam,

      Richard is off line due to computer failure.  He does get online via the Bellaire Library when he can.

      I'm almost positive the photo program your are referring to is Irfanview.  It can be downloaded at www.tucows.com or www.irfanview.com/  It has a built-in help system, and pretty good program for the price. <G>  I am told Windows XP disk has Microsoft Photo works and their Video program on the disk.

      Once you learn to reduce photo sized, DPI to use (72) plenty for web viewing, saving for web and compressing the size in JPG, no problem to do more.
      Photos attached to messages in *.JPG format can be viewed by members, UNLESS they are receiving mail in digest mode.  Any other photos in different formats (such as tiff, bmp, png, etc) can not be see and Yahoo program removes the file attachments. :-(
      Sir John

      Illonam@... wrote:

      Hi,
      I think that Richard Garza may have helped me with a program to reduce picture pixels.  I cannot remember the name of the program.  It could be downloaded free.  I am in the Czech Republic and have some great pictures of our trip to Prague and Celakovice, but they are too large.  Can someone, maybe Richard, tell me the name of the program?

      Ahoj from Moravia,
      Illona

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire