Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 236

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2000
      Hi Listlers,
      I thought you might enjoy this and maybe some of you have grandchildren who
      might be interested in writing to these students?
      Thanks for your help!  Here is the letter I received from our sister city in
      the Czech Republic.
      Dear Illona!
      I'd like to send to many wishes from school where Jarda Hrubý teaches,
      and he told us about his exciting trip and staying in your country.
      He told me about your great reception and care and everything what happened
      during their stoppage. He was fully enthusiastic.
      And now let me introduce myself. I'm a teacher - woman here in Albrechtice
      and I teach English. Jarda told me about you and possibilities to ask for
      help to find some penpals. I told it to my pupils and they were so glad and
      mostly all wanted to send their addresses and look for some friend in the
      USA.
      That's why I write you all what my pupils wrote me
      and be so kind , I pray you, ask some people, if there are some children
      who want to write to young Czech pupils, here are addresses:

      My name is Nikos, I' m 11, my hobbies are football,athletics.
      e-mail: busosn@...

      My name is Lenka Cernikova. I'm 12years. I'm in 6 grade. My hobbies are ride
      a horse, ride a bicycle. My e-mail: cernikova@...

      My name is Jiri Mironovic. I'm 11 and I'm in 6 grade. My hobbies are fishing
      and computer games. My e-mail: mironovic@...

      My name is Eva Sudova. I'm in 6 grade. My hobbies are horse, cat, dog,
      swimming,reading books, listening to Spice girls. My e-mail: sudova@...

      My name is Petr Dodek. I'm 11. I'm in 6a grade.My hobbies are hockey and
      football. My e-mail: dodek@...

      My name is Olda Lednicky. I'm 12. I'm in 6 grade. My hobbies are riding
      bicycle, football, tennis, hockey, table tennis. I like nice girls. My e-
      mail: lednicky@...

      My name is Petr Lapunik. I'm 12 years old. I'm in 6.a grade. My hobbies are
      football , I play football in our villge 's team. I like lovely girls. My e-
      mail is: lapunik@...

      My name is Hanka Gajdosova. I'm 11. I'm in 6 grade. My hobbies are: skiing,
      swimming, volleyball, tennis, boys. My e-mail is: gajdosova@...

      My name is Lubos Grcek. I'm 11, in 6 grade. My hobbies: football, hockey. I
      play in school teams.My e-mail: bubis@...

      My name is Andrea Janoscova. I'm small girl.I'm 11, I'm in 6 grade.My
      hobbies are horses, dogs, cat, hamsters. My e-mail: janoscova@...

      My name is Radana Ctvrtnickova. I'm 11 and in 6 grade. My hobbies are:
      skiing, swimming, skating.My e-mail: ctvrtnickovar@...

      My name is Monika Tauferova. I go to 7 grade.I 'm 12, I like horses and I do
      gymnastics. My mail is: tauferova@...

      My name is Michal Sobota. I go to 7 grade, I'm 13. I like to play
      volleyball, table tennis, karate, cooking. My e-mail: sobota@...

      My name is Klara Kvasnicova. I go to 7 grade.I 'm 13. I like pizza,and
      Britney Spearse. My hobby is breading dog. My mail: kvasnicova@...

      My name is Marek Vana. I'm in 7 grade. I'm 12.I like to play volleyball,
      baseball and handball. My hobby is fishing. My e-mail: vana@...

      My name Marketa Francakova. I go to 7 grade. I'm 13. I like pizza and
      Britney Spearse, horses and riding horses. I'm good in it. My e-mail :
      francakova@...

      My name is Honza Kosulic. I go to 7 grade. I'm 13. I like do sports -
      shotokan karate, baseball,handball. My hobby is electronic. My e-mail:
      honza.kosulic@...

      My name is Martin Mokros. I go to 7 grade. I'm 13. I like to play volleyball
      My e.mail : mokros@...

      My name is Petra Blahova.I'm in 7 grade, I'm 13. I like ice cream,pizza and
      animals. My hobbies are sport and swimming. My mail: blahova@...

      My name is Veronika Dzacovska. I go to 7 grade.I'm 12. I like Nirvana,
      Scooter,Red Hot Chilli Peppers. My hobby is basketball. My e-mail is
      dzacovska@...

      My name is Niki Buksova. I'm 12 and I'm in 7 grade.I like school and
      English.My hobby is swimming. I have 2 dogs and a parrot. My favourite
      singer is Natalia Oreivo. My e-mail : buksova@...

      That's all for now because there are some pupils from 8 and 9 classes. But
      those I'll write next. Thank's for now.
      Next two days we've autumn holidays . We all enjoy them because we are going
      to spend them in the nature or working in the gardens. This is typical czech
      hobby.
      Best regards, sorry for mistakes (sometimes I don't
      know what word is right to use in special occasion)
      Radka Gavendova

      Illona Morris
      Sister Cities International
      of Yukon Okla. Chairperson
      Phone 405 354 6819
      Visit my homepage at:
      Webprofile
    • Kathy Horak Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2000
        Illona,
             Thanks for passing this on!  My daughter, Natalie, wrote one of the 7th grade girls who had similar interests to her.

        Kathy Horak Smith

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2000
          Dear Illona,

          I am so glad you sent this to the list.  I have printed the list you sent and am giving it to my Grandson to look at, and maybe take to his school to show his teacher.  He is 14, and I am looking forward to receiving the list of 8th and 9th graders to give to him.  I believe he would prefer to correspond with someone his own age.  I am hoping he will really want to do this, and I believe he will.

          Thanks again,
          Myrt Townsend

          Myrt Townsend
          myrt@...

          Researching:
          Sliva, Bacak, Kocurek, Veselka, Konvicka, Ramsdell, Young, Lane, Crary, Buzzell, O'Hair