Re: Joe Svinky

  • Dale Ratcliff
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2005
      Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

      Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
      Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

      Her mother's parents were:

      Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
      Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
      )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

      Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
      Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
      Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

      I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
      section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
      but do list relatives.

      Thanks for all your help,
      Dale Ratcliff
      drat53@...

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
      > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
      response in a
      > timely manner.
      >
      > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
      and Joe
      > Jr. born in 1924.
      >
      > Steve
      >

      > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
      > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
      > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
      > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
      > Thanks,
      > Dale Ratcliff
    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2005
        The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
        parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
        pallbearer.

        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
        vinky_Will.html

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>