Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Looking for info

  • Tim Dybala
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2005
      There is a convenience store in Ellinger on Hiway 71 called
      HRUSKA's. Good kolache!

      From: "Elaine Malina" <emalina@...>
      Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:30:24 -0500

      >Have you researched the Hruska's? My dad, Louis Hruska, was born
      in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area. I
      don't know who they were. Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother
      was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he
      had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the
      late 1890's or early 1900's.
      >E. Malina

      Ellinger/Fayetteville area. I have researched this Tobias group,
      and there is no Julia.

      > I have also seen "Tobias" spelled as "Dobias."
      >
      > Rosemary in Alvin

      He had a store or saloon in down town Ellinger.

      <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
      > > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and
      Julia in my
      > file. If
      > > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might
      she have Svec
      > in her
      > > tree.
      > >
      > > I am off to work and will not be home until after
      midnight, but I
      > will look
      > > for your response when I get home.
      > >
      > > steve
      > >

      > > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
      > >
      > > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to
      get past her
      > > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family
      names are
      > > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
      > > Thanks,
      > > Dale Ratcliff
      >

      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
      less mail.

      around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com
      >
      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
      less mail.

      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
      less mail.

      > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      Terms of Service.

      Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
    • Dale Ratcliff
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2005
        Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

        Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
        Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

        Her mother's parents were:

        Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
        Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
        )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

        Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
        Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
        Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

        I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
        section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
        but do list relatives.

        Thanks for all your help,
        Dale Ratcliff
        drat53@...

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
        > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
        response in a
        > timely manner.
        >
        > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
        and Joe
        > Jr. born in 1924.
        >
        > Steve
        >

        > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
        > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
        > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
        > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
        > Thanks,
        > Dale Ratcliff
      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2005
          The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
          parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
          pallbearer.

          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
          vinky_Will.html

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>