Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Looking for info

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Dale,

      My husband is kin to the Josef & Anna Hruska Tobias family in Ellinger/Fayetteville area.  I have researched this Tobias group, and there is no Julia.

      I have also seen "Tobias" spelled as "Dobias."

      Rosemary in Alvin
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2005
        There were two Charlie and Ed in La Grange, Charlie owned a furniture and appliance store on west side of square.

        Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
        That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
        We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
        conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
        remarried a Tallas and had other children.
        Thanks,
        Dale Ratcliff

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
        > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
        file.  If
        > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
        in her
        > tree.
        >
        > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
        will look
        > for your response when I get home.
        >
        > steve
        >

        > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
        >
        > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
        > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
        > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
        > Thanks,
        > Dale Ratcliff

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Elaine Malina
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2005
          Have you researched the Hruska's?  My dad, Louis Hruska, was born in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area.  I don't know who they were.  Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the late 1890's or early 1900's.
          E. Malina

          Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
          That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
          We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
          conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
          remarried a Tallas and had other children.
          Thanks,
          Dale Ratcliff

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
          > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
          file.  If
          > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
          in her
          > tree.
          >
          > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
          will look
          > for your response when I get home.
          >
          > steve
          >

          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
          >
          > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
          > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
          > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
          > Thanks,
          > Dale Ratcliff

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Tim Dybala
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2005
            There is a convenience store in Ellinger on Hiway 71 called
            HRUSKA's. Good kolache!

            From: "Elaine Malina" <emalina@...>
            Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:30:24 -0500

            <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
            > > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and
            Julia in my
            > file. If
            > > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might
            she have Svec
            > in her
            > > tree.
            > >
            > > I am off to work and will not be home until after
            midnight, but I
            > will look
            > > for your response when I get home.
            > >
            > > steve
            > >

            > > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
            > >
            > > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to
            get past her
            > > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family
            names are
            > > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
            > > Thanks,
            > > Dale Ratcliff
            >

            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
            less mail.

            around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            >
            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
            less mail.

            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
            less mail.

            > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
            Terms of Service.

            Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
          • Dale Ratcliff
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2005
              Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

              Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
              Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

              Her mother's parents were:

              Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
              Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
              )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

              Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
              Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
              Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

              I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
              section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
              but do list relatives.

              Thanks for all your help,
              Dale Ratcliff
              drat53@...

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
              > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
              response in a
              > timely manner.
              >
              > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
              and Joe
              > Jr. born in 1924.
              >
              > Steve
              >

              > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
              > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
              > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
              > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
              > Thanks,
              > Dale Ratcliff
            • rebellous_99
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2, 2005
                The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
                parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
                pallbearer.

                http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
                vinky_Will.html

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>