Joe Svinky

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1 5:41 AM
      Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to response in a
      timely manner.

      Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895 and Joe
      Jr. born in 1924.

      Steve

      That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
      We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
      conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
      remarried a Tallas and had other children.
      Thanks,
      Dale Ratcliff
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1 7:17 AM
        Hi Dale,

        My husband is kin to the Josef & Anna Hruska Tobias family in Ellinger/Fayetteville area.  I have researched this Tobias group, and there is no Julia.

        I have also seen "Tobias" spelled as "Dobias."

        Rosemary in Alvin
        There was and I think still is a Tobias in Ellinger, Texas. He had a store or saloon in down town Ellinger.
        Dolores Miller

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
        > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
        file.  If
        > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
        in her
        > tree.
        >
        > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
        will look
        > for your response when I get home.
        >
        > steve
        >

        > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
        >
        > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
        > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
        > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
        > Thanks,
        > Dale Ratcliff

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Leroy Janda
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1 9:07 AM
          There were two Charlie and Ed in La Grange, Charlie owned a furniture and appliance store on west side of square.

          Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
          That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
          We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
          conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
          remarried a Tallas and had other children.
          Thanks,
          Dale Ratcliff

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
          > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
          file.  If
          > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
          in her
          > tree.
          >
          > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
          will look
          > for your response when I get home.
          >
          > steve
          >

          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
          >
          > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
          > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
          > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
          > Thanks,
          > Dale Ratcliff

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Elaine Malina
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 9:30 AM
            Have you researched the Hruska's?  My dad, Louis Hruska, was born in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area.  I don't know who they were.  Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the late 1890's or early 1900's.
            E. Malina

            Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
            That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
            We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
            conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
            remarried a Tallas and had other children.
            Thanks,
            Dale Ratcliff

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
            > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
            file.  If
            > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
            in her
            > tree.
            >
            > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
            will look
            > for your response when I get home.
            >
            > steve
            >

            > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
            >
            > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
            > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
            > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
            > Thanks,
            > Dale Ratcliff

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Tim Dybala
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1 5:12 PM
              There is a convenience store in Ellinger on Hiway 71 called
              HRUSKA's. Good kolache!

              From: "Elaine Malina" <emalina@...>
              Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:30:24 -0500

              <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
              > > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and
              Julia in my
              > file. If
              > > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might
              she have Svec
              > in her
              > > tree.
              > >
              > > I am off to work and will not be home until after
              midnight, but I
              > will look
              > > for your response when I get home.
              > >
              > > steve
              > >

              > > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
              > >
              > > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to
              get past her
              > > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family
              names are
              > > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
              > > Thanks,
              > > Dale Ratcliff
              >

              > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
              less mail.

              around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com
              >
              > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
              less mail.

              > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
              less mail.

              > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
              Terms of Service.

              Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
            • Dale Ratcliff
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2 4:59 PM
                Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

                Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
                Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

                Her mother's parents were:

                Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
                Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
                )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

                Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
                Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
                Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

                I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
                section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
                but do list relatives.

                Thanks for all your help,
                Dale Ratcliff
                drat53@...

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
                response in a
                > timely manner.
                >
                > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
                and Joe
                > Jr. born in 1924.
                >
                > Steve
                >

                > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                > Thanks,
                > Dale Ratcliff
              • rebellous_99
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2 9:20 PM
                  The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
                  parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
                  pallbearer.

                  http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
                  vinky_Will.html

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>