Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Looking for info

  • Dolores Miller
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2005
      There was and I think still is a Tobias in Ellinger, Texas. He had a store or saloon in down town Ellinger.
      Dolores Miller

      Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
      That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
      We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
      conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
      remarried a Tallas and had other children.
      Thanks,
      Dale Ratcliff

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
      > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
      file.  If
      > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
      in her
      > tree.
      >
      > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
      will look
      > for your response when I get home.
      >
      > steve
      >

      > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
      >
      > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
      > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
      > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
      > Thanks,
      > Dale Ratcliff

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1 5:41 AM
        Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to response in a
        timely manner.

        Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895 and Joe
        Jr. born in 1924.

        Steve

        That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
        We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
        conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
        remarried a Tallas and had other children.
        Thanks,
        Dale Ratcliff
      • Rosemary Ermis
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1 7:17 AM
          Hi Dale,

          My husband is kin to the Josef & Anna Hruska Tobias family in Ellinger/Fayetteville area.  I have researched this Tobias group, and there is no Julia.

          I have also seen "Tobias" spelled as "Dobias."

          Rosemary in Alvin

          Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
          That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
          We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
          conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
          remarried a Tallas and had other children.
          Thanks,
          Dale Ratcliff

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
          > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
          file.  If
          > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
          in her
          > tree.
          >
          > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
          will look
          > for your response when I get home.
          >
          > steve
          >

          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
          >
          > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
          > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
          > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
          > Thanks,
          > Dale Ratcliff

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Leroy Janda
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 9:07 AM
            There were two Charlie and Ed in La Grange, Charlie owned a furniture and appliance store on west side of square.

            Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
            That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
            We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
            conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
            remarried a Tallas and had other children.
            Thanks,
            Dale Ratcliff

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
            > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
            file.  If
            > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
            in her
            > tree.
            >
            > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
            will look
            > for your response when I get home.
            >
            > steve
            >

            > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
            >
            > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
            > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
            > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
            > Thanks,
            > Dale Ratcliff

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Elaine Malina
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1 9:30 AM
              Have you researched the Hruska's?  My dad, Louis Hruska, was born in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area.  I don't know who they were.  Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the late 1890's or early 1900's.
              E. Malina

              Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
              That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
              We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
              conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
              remarried a Tallas and had other children.
              Thanks,
              Dale Ratcliff

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
              > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
              file.  If
              > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
              in her
              > tree.
              >
              > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
              will look
              > for your response when I get home.
              >
              > steve
              >

              > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
              >
              > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
              > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
              > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
              > Thanks,
              > Dale Ratcliff

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Tim Dybala
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1 5:12 PM
                There is a convenience store in Ellinger on Hiway 71 called
                HRUSKA's. Good kolache!

                From: "Elaine Malina" <emalina@...>
                Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:30:24 -0500

                >Have you researched the Hruska's? My dad, Louis Hruska, was born
                in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area. I
                don't know who they were. Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother
                was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he
                had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the
                late 1890's or early 1900's.
                >E. Malina

                Terms of Service.

                Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
              • Dale Ratcliff
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2 4:59 PM
                  Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

                  Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
                  Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

                  Her mother's parents were:

                  Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
                  Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
                  )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

                  Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
                  Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
                  Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

                  I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
                  section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
                  but do list relatives.

                  Thanks for all your help,
                  Dale Ratcliff
                  drat53@...

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                  > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
                  response in a
                  > timely manner.
                  >
                  > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
                  and Joe
                  > Jr. born in 1924.
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >

                  > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                  > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                  > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                  > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Dale Ratcliff
                • rebellous_99
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 2 9:20 PM
                    The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
                    parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
                    pallbearer.

                    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
                    vinky_Will.html

                    --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>