Looking for info

  • Dale Ratcliff
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29 9:03 AM
      I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
      grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
      Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
      Thanks,
      Dale Ratcliff
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29 11:34 AM
        I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my file. If
        they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec in her
        tree.

        I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I will look
        for your response when I get home.

        steve

        Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 30 2:13 PM
          That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
          We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
          conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
          remarried a Tallas and had other children.
          Thanks,
          Dale Ratcliff

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
          > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
          file. If
          > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
          in her
          > tree.
          >
          > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
          will look
          > for your response when I get home.
          >
          > steve
          >

          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
          >
          > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
          > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
          > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
          > Thanks,
          > Dale Ratcliff
        • Dolores Miller
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 30 8:46 PM
            There was and I think still is a Tobias in Ellinger, Texas. He had a store or saloon in down town Ellinger.
            Dolores Miller

            Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
            That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
            We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
            conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
            remarried a Tallas and had other children.
            Thanks,
            Dale Ratcliff

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
            > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
            file.  If
            > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
            in her
            > tree.
            >
            > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
            will look
            > for your response when I get home.
            >
            > steve
            >

            > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
            >
            > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
            > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
            > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
            > Thanks,
            > Dale Ratcliff

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2005
              Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to response in a
              timely manner.

              Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895 and Joe
              Jr. born in 1924.

              Steve

              That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
              We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
              conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
              remarried a Tallas and had other children.
              Thanks,
              Dale Ratcliff
            • Rosemary Ermis
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1, 2005
                Hi Dale,

                My husband is kin to the Josef & Anna Hruska Tobias family in Ellinger/Fayetteville area.  I have researched this Tobias group, and there is no Julia.

                I have also seen "Tobias" spelled as "Dobias."

                Rosemary in Alvin

                Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
                That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                Thanks,
                Dale Ratcliff

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
                file.  If
                > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
                in her
                > tree.
                >
                > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
                will look
                > for your response when I get home.
                >
                > steve
                >

                > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
                >
                > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
                > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
                > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
                > Thanks,
                > Dale Ratcliff

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Leroy Janda
                Message 7 of 12 , May 1, 2005
                  There were two Charlie and Ed in La Grange, Charlie owned a furniture and appliance store on west side of square.

                  Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
                  That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                  We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                  conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                  remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                  Thanks,
                  Dale Ratcliff

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                  > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
                  file.  If
                  > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
                  in her
                  > tree.
                  >
                  > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
                  will look
                  > for your response when I get home.
                  >
                  > steve
                  >

                  > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
                  >
                  > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
                  > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
                  > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Dale Ratcliff

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Elaine Malina
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 1, 2005
                    Have you researched the Hruska's?  My dad, Louis Hruska, was born in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area.  I don't know who they were.  Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the late 1890's or early 1900's.
                    E. Malina

                    Dale Ratcliff <drat53@...> wrote:
                    That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                    We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                    conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                    remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                    Thanks,
                    Dale Ratcliff

                    --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                    > I might be able to help you, I have a Joe Svinky and Julia in my
                    file.  If
                    > they are the same, then her last name is Tallas. Might she have Svec
                    in her
                    > tree.
                    >
                    > I am off to work and will not be home until after midnight, but I
                    will look
                    > for your response when I get home.
                    >
                    > steve
                    >

                    > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Looking for info
                    >
                    > I started to research my wife's family but am unable to get past her
                    > grandparents. I would appreciate any information. Family names are
                    > Svinky and Smidoveck from the Sealy area.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Dale Ratcliff

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Tim Dybala
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 1, 2005
                      There is a convenience store in Ellinger on Hiway 71 called
                      HRUSKA's. Good kolache!

                      From: "Elaine Malina" <emalina@...>
                      Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:30:24 -0500

                      >Have you researched the Hruska's? My dad, Louis Hruska, was born
                      in Burleson County but had relatives in the Fayetteville area. I
                      don't know who they were. Dad's father was Jan Hruska and mother
                      was Marie Adamek Hruska and his grandfather was named Tom and he
                      had an uncle named Tom, Both came to the United States in late the
                      late 1890's or early 1900's.
                      >E. Malina

                      Terms of Service.

                      Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
                    • Dale Ratcliff
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 2, 2005
                        Here are the listings from the Frydek Cemetery for Joe Sr and Julia.

                        Svinky Joe Sr. 9-19-1894 7/1/74
                        Svinky Julia 2-14-1895 5/28/76

                        Her mother's parents were:

                        Frank Smidovec 4/11/1901 7/10/198?
                        Born in Fayette County and attended school and married ( 8/1921
                        )there. Was a rancher in Auston County till his death.

                        Kristina (Christine) 12/13/1899 8/25/1968
                        Vaclavik or Vatclavik ( it's spelled both ways in the paper )
                        Her sister was Mrs. Charles Hruska of Columbus

                        I have the Obits for them. I can scan them and put them in the files
                        section if anyone is interested. They don't have the publication dates
                        but do list relatives.

                        Thanks for all your help,
                        Dale Ratcliff
                        drat53@...

                        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:
                        > Sorry for the delay, I worked 3, 16 hour shifts so I unable to
                        response in a
                        > timely manner.
                        >
                        > Do you know the birthdate of Joe Svinky. I have Joe Sr born in 1895
                        and Joe
                        > Jr. born in 1924.
                        >
                        > Steve
                        >

                        > That is one of the possible last names we have. The other was Tobias.
                        > We found that name (Tobias)in records at the genealogy library in
                        > conroe. My wife thinks that Julia was a Tobias but her mother had
                        > remarried a Tallas and had other children.
                        > Thanks,
                        > Dale Ratcliff
                      • rebellous_99
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 2, 2005
                          The obituary at the following link is for a Will Svinky; it lists his
                          parents as Joe and Julia Tallas Svinky. You're listed as a
                          pallbearer.

                          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/S/S
                          vinky_Will.html

                          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Ratcliff" <drat53@s...>