Re: For Matt: Krestas

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 3:30 PM
      Ray,

      My connection to the Kresta family is that my grandmother's sister,
      Mary Derrich, married Edwin Kresta, son of Anton Kresta Sr., and the
      brother of Anton Kresta Jr., one of the Praha Nine. I believe that
      someone -- I can't remember whom -- sent me some copies from the book
      you mention.

      Matt

      > Matt, there are quite a few Krestas around the Moulton/Shiner area
      and I found out a couple of years ago that they were distantly
      related. A matriarch in their family, Johanna Bacak Kresta, buried
      in Praha, was a sister to my great grandmother, Paulina Bacak Krba
      Petr. One of the locals had a booklet on Kresta genealogy from this
      Kresta line, if you find they are also related.