Re: [TexasCzechs] For Matt: Krestas

  • REBECEK CHRIS
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
      Dan Kresta is a cousin of mine and used to run the
      barber shop in Shiner with my uncle Charlie Rebecek.
      Both have passed.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
        HIS WIFE MARGIE (REBECEK) STILL LIVES IN SHINER. THEY
        HAVE 2 BOYS AND 2 GIRLS

        --- REBECEK CHRIS <reeboktex@...> wrote:
        > Dan Kresta is a cousin of mine and used to run the
        > barber shop in Shiner with my uncle Charlie Rebecek.
        > Both have passed.
        >
        > --- "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...> wrote:
        > > "rebellous_99 wrote:
        > > >
        > > > TJ,
        > > >
        > > > Did you happen to know any Riha, Kresta, Kurtz,
        > > Machart, Derrich, or
        > > > Stavinoha in the El Campo and Wharton areas
        > while
        > > you were living
        > > > there? If so, some of those are my paternal
        > > grandmother's family.
        > > >
        > > > Matt"
        > >
        > > Matt, there are quite a few Krestas around the
        > > Moulton/Shiner area and I found out a couple of
        > > years ago that they were distantly related. A
        > > matriarch in their family, Johanna Bacak Kresta,
        > > buried in Praha, was a sister to my great
        > > grandmother, Paulina Bacak Krba Petr. One of the
        > > locals had a booklet on Kresta genealogy from this
        > > Kresta line, if you find they are also related.
        > >
        > > Ray
        > >
        > > Ray
        > >

        > __________________________________
        > Yahoo! Messenger
        > Show us what our next emoticon should look like.
        > Join the fun.

        Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
          Ray,

          My connection to the Kresta family is that my grandmother's sister,
          Mary Derrich, married Edwin Kresta, son of Anton Kresta Sr., and the
          brother of Anton Kresta Jr., one of the Praha Nine. I believe that
          someone -- I can't remember whom -- sent me some copies from the book
          you mention.