Sad day today

  • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      I feel so bad, I had to shoot my favorite buffalo, Wawi.  He was attacking the hay-ring, (a metal devise to put round bales in).

      I was able to distract him a couple of times, before he destroyed it, by tossing him, and the others, some range cubes.  But as soon as he would finish the range cubes, he would return to the hay-ring and proceed to ram it and toss it about with his massive head.

      Finally, I had not choice but to shoot him to get him to stop.

      It's the first time I've ever shown any aggression towards him, and I could see by the look in his eyes, he was bewildered and hurt.  His "surrogate mother" had shot him.  But it did stop him from destroying the hay-ring.

      And it really isn't such a sad day, because I only shot him with a B-B Gun........

      Happy Aprils Fool Day!

      JD aka Buffalo Man