Etiquette in the Czech Republic

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      I have taken various things to family and friends as gifts in the past.  T-shirts with logos on them have been well-received.  I have also taken pins, scarves of flags and small flags of America and Oklahoma.  This time I am taking various Mardi Gras beads and masks from New Orleans for sister city friends.  We are also taking small books and magazines about our town and the USA.
      Western items are also well liked.  I took bolo ties and Western shirts, sometimes small jewelry items.
      This time I am taking several CDs of various American singers and Jazz music.

      It has been the custom to remove shoes upon entering all homes I have been to in the Czech Republic too.  One of my cousins has house shoes of all sizes that are there to be worn.  They have wood floors, so this is nice when it is cold.

      Illona Morris