RE: [TexasCzechs] I'm new - Strakos/Polansky family

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Donna

      What a small world.

      I wonder how much Incirlik has change, I spend two
      years on the base during the sixties as a kid. Do they have
      TV yet and is the school still a bunch of tin cans. (grin)
      I hope you don't have the power black outs like we use
      to get. Food was hard to come by at the commissary.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
        Hello  there,

        There are some Strakos families here in Port Lavaca, TX.  A Herman Strakos just passed away the other day. Herman has a brother named Ed.  My dad knows that family. Not sure if they connect.

        Darlene Baker
      • Dolores Miller
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
          Hi, there was a C.B. Polansky who lived in Irving.  He died some years ago.  Is buried at Calvery Hill cemetery in Dallas.  He worked for NASA or LTV and was married to Frances  Krupa.  They had one daughter, Kathy, she is in the Denton State School.  Frances is in St. Joseph's Nursing home in Bryan.  They were from Dime Box......

          darlenbaker@... wrote:
          Hello  there,

          There are some Strakos families here in Port Lavaca, TX.  A Herman Strakos just passed away the other day. Herman has a brother named Ed.  My dad knows that family. Not sure if they connect.

          Darlene Baker

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        • Nangotoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
            Hi Delores,

            Welcome to the TX Czech group. Its alway nice to "gather" another one of us into the fold.  I just can't get over how many descendants of the original TX-Czech and Moravians there are and where we all have spread out to all over the globe.  BTW, my name is Nan and I live in CA.

            Nan