Czech Educators

  • Russell & Kathy Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
      (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.
    • Dolores Miller
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        The picture did not come thru.  I am anxious to see it as I knew both Rev. Joseph Bartons in Granger.  Dolores Miller

        Russell & Kathy Smith <rasmith@...> wrote:
        1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
        (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.

        > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=1916CzechSchool.jpg

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Richard Kotrla
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
          To my fellow listers:

          Please continue to share stories and photos of Czech educators, past
          and present. I along with others have enjoyed reading them. As
          previously stated, Czech educators made an influence on my life, and
          those who believed in education. My father's formal education ended
          at the 8th grade. My mother went on to graduate from high school,
          but no further...However, to us five kids, they went to great
          lengths to stress the importance of education. All of us gradsuated
          from high school, two of us have college degrees...I would like to
          believe that Czech educators, past and present, bring their values
          and culture into the classroom. I display a Czech flag in mine as
          point of curiosity. It's amazing at the first of the year what
          country the students think the flag represents...they never guess
          Czechoslovakia...

          Richard Kotrla

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Russell & Kathy Smith"
          <rasmith@o...> wrote:
          > Czech School 1914.
        • Richard Kotrla
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2005
            Kathy:

            They say picture is worht a thousand words...

            Thanks for sharing these great photos.

            <rasmith@o...> wrote:
            > Here is another picture.
          • Dolores Miller
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
              Some time ago there was some discussion of Texas Czech Educators.  I wrote that William Malish taught at Granger High School and that his younger brother, Alvis, was a star football player for the Granger Lions.  I also mentioned that Alvis had passed away recently (back then it would have been Dec. 2004.)  William Malish's granddaughter responded that Alvis was very much alive.  I wrote back that my best friend, Betty Stasny Gayle had told me about Alvis' death.  Wm. Malish's granddaughter wrote back for Betty's address and phone no.  This I sent thru the group.  I had a call last night from Tanya Conner whose grandmother was Lydia Volney and Lydia had been a sister of Wm. Malish's mother.  The point of this is, I didnot keep the granddaughter's e-mail address and don't remember her name. Tanya would like to contact her, so if you read this, please respond. Thank you.
              Dolores Miller

              Do you Yahoo!?