Czech Educators

  • Russell & Kathy Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      Czech School 1914.
    • Russell & Kathy Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
        (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.
      • Dolores Miller
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          The picture did not come thru.  I am anxious to see it as I knew both Rev. Joseph Bartons in Granger.  Dolores Miller

          Russell & Kathy Smith <rasmith@...> wrote:
          1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
          (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.

          > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=1916CzechSchool.jpg

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Richard Kotrla
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
            To my fellow listers:

            Please continue to share stories and photos of Czech educators, past
            and present. I along with others have enjoyed reading them. As
            previously stated, Czech educators made an influence on my life, and
            those who believed in education. My father's formal education ended
            at the 8th grade. My mother went on to graduate from high school,
            but no further...However, to us five kids, they went to great
            lengths to stress the importance of education. All of us gradsuated
            from high school, two of us have college degrees...I would like to
            believe that Czech educators, past and present, bring their values
            and culture into the classroom. I display a Czech flag in mine as
            point of curiosity. It's amazing at the first of the year what
            country the students think the flag represents...they never guess
            Czechoslovakia...

            Richard Kotrla

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Russell & Kathy Smith"
            <rasmith@o...> wrote:
            > Czech School 1914.
          • Richard Kotrla
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2005
              Kathy:

              They say picture is worht a thousand words...

              Thanks for sharing these great photos.

              <rasmith@o...> wrote:
              > Here is another picture.
            • Dolores Miller
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                Some time ago there was some discussion of Texas Czech Educators.  I wrote that William Malish taught at Granger High School and that his younger brother, Alvis, was a star football player for the Granger Lions.  I also mentioned that Alvis had passed away recently (back then it would have been Dec. 2004.)  William Malish's granddaughter responded that Alvis was very much alive.  I wrote back that my best friend, Betty Stasny Gayle had told me about Alvis' death.  Wm. Malish's granddaughter wrote back for Betty's address and phone no.  This I sent thru the group.  I had a call last night from Tanya Conner whose grandmother was Lydia Volney and Lydia had been a sister of Wm. Malish's mother.  The point of this is, I didnot keep the granddaughter's e-mail address and don't remember her name. Tanya would like to contact her, so if you read this, please respond. Thank you.
                Dolores Miller

                Do you Yahoo!?