Re: I'm new - Strakos/Polansky family

  • Frank J Mikula
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Donna,

      In the late 1930's and thru a good part of the '40's there was a Mr
      Strakos, and I believe his first name was Louis, who owned a
      hamburger place in Ennis, Texas. As I recall he sold his burgers
      for .15 apiece and they were the best burgers one could buy!

      Don't know if there is any relation to your family, but Strakos is
      not that a familiar name, at least not in the north Texas area.

      Good luck on your research.

      Frank

      -- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Michael & Donna Witt
      <wittsmail@y...> wrote:
      >> I think I have relatives near Corpus Christi and near
      > Waco. My grandma's sister Mary lives in Fort Worth.
      >
      > __________________________________

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hi Donna

        What a small world.

        I wonder how much Incirlik has change, I spend two
        years on the base during the sixties as a kid. Do they have
        TV yet and is the school still a bunch of tin cans. (grin)
        I hope you don't have the power black outs like we use
        to get. Food was hard to come by at the commissary.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
          Hello  there,

          There are some Strakos families here in Port Lavaca, TX.  A Herman Strakos just passed away the other day. Herman has a brother named Ed.  My dad knows that family. Not sure if they connect.

          Darlene Baker
        • Dolores Miller
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
            Hi, there was a C.B. Polansky who lived in Irving.  He died some years ago.  Is buried at Calvery Hill cemetery in Dallas.  He worked for NASA or LTV and was married to Frances  Krupa.  They had one daughter, Kathy, she is in the Denton State School.  Frances is in St. Joseph's Nursing home in Bryan.  They were from Dime Box......

            darlenbaker@... wrote:
            Hello  there,

            There are some Strakos families here in Port Lavaca, TX.  A Herman Strakos just passed away the other day. Herman has a brother named Ed.  My dad knows that family. Not sure if they connect.

            Darlene Baker

            Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
          • Nangotoo
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
              Hi Delores,

              Welcome to the TX Czech group. Its alway nice to "gather" another one of us into the fold.  I just can't get over how many descendants of the original TX-Czech and Moravians there are and where we all have spread out to all over the globe.  BTW, my name is Nan and I live in CA.

              Nan