Czech Educators

  • Russell & Kathy Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
      This is the second and last photo tonight. I will send more tomorrow. I do
      believe the girl on the back row far right is a Mikulencak girl. My
      grandfather is the blonde male in the center-back. Notice his hat in the
      tree.
    • Russell & Kathy Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        Here is another picture.
      • Russell & Kathy Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          Czech School 1914.
        • Russell & Kathy Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
            (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.
          • Dolores Miller
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              The picture did not come thru.  I am anxious to see it as I knew both Rev. Joseph Bartons in Granger.  Dolores Miller

              Russell & Kathy Smith <rasmith@...> wrote:
              1916 - This picture includes my grandfather (center) and Rev Joseph Barton
              (senior) holding the younger Rev Joseph Barton on the back row far left.

              > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=1916CzechSchool.jpg

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Richard Kotrla
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
                To my fellow listers:

                Please continue to share stories and photos of Czech educators, past
                and present. I along with others have enjoyed reading them. As
                previously stated, Czech educators made an influence on my life, and
                those who believed in education. My father's formal education ended
                at the 8th grade. My mother went on to graduate from high school,
                but no further...However, to us five kids, they went to great
                lengths to stress the importance of education. All of us gradsuated
                from high school, two of us have college degrees...I would like to
                believe that Czech educators, past and present, bring their values
                and culture into the classroom. I display a Czech flag in mine as
                point of curiosity. It's amazing at the first of the year what
                country the students think the flag represents...they never guess
                Czechoslovakia...

                Richard Kotrla

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Russell & Kathy Smith"
                <rasmith@o...> wrote:
                > Czech School 1914.
              • Richard Kotrla
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 6, 2005
                  Kathy:

                  They say picture is worht a thousand words...

                  Thanks for sharing these great photos.

                  <rasmith@o...> wrote:
                  > Here is another picture.
                • Dolores Miller
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                    Some time ago there was some discussion of Texas Czech Educators.  I wrote that William Malish taught at Granger High School and that his younger brother, Alvis, was a star football player for the Granger Lions.  I also mentioned that Alvis had passed away recently (back then it would have been Dec. 2004.)  William Malish's granddaughter responded that Alvis was very much alive.  I wrote back that my best friend, Betty Stasny Gayle had told me about Alvis' death.  Wm. Malish's granddaughter wrote back for Betty's address and phone no.  This I sent thru the group.  I had a call last night from Tanya Conner whose grandmother was Lydia Volney and Lydia had been a sister of Wm. Malish's mother.  The point of this is, I didnot keep the granddaughter's e-mail address and don't remember her name. Tanya would like to contact her, so if you read this, please respond. Thank you.
                    Dolores Miller

                    Do you Yahoo!?