Re: [TexasCzechs] Dolni Vestonice

  • probert420@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
    • Leroy Janda
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        Mikulov, we went thru the town when we were in CR. It is just a few
        miles from the Austrian border. Pretty much due north of Vienna, and
        south of Brno.

        It was a very nice and quaint place.

        One thing I remember on the way, we passed a lake that was real bright
        yellowish green. Our thoughts that at night it probably glowed and could
        be seen for miles.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
          AUSTIN, Texas -

          Freshman Kenn Kasparek (Weimar, Texas) tossed a career-high six
          scoreless innings and the UT offense plated 10 runs on 13 hits as No. 1
          Texas (8-0) posted a 10-0 shutout victory over UT-San Antonio (0-4) in
          front of 4,123 fans at Disch-Falk Field on Tuesday, Feb. 15. Of note,
          Kasparek combined with four other Longhorns pitchers on UT's second
          shutout of the 2005 campaign.

          After each team threatened by placing two runners on in bottom of the
          first and the top of the second, respectively, the Longhorns put
          together a two-out rally in the second to grab a 3-0 lead as Dooley
          Prince (Sulphur, La.) came up with a single up the middle with Clay Van
          Hook (Brenham, Texas) on second and Drew Stubbs (Atlanta, Texas)
          followed with a home run to left. Two frames later, Seth Johnston
          (Boerne, Texas) came through with a two-out, two-run home run over the
          left field wall to up the Texas lead to 5-0 through four innings of
          play.

          In the bottom of the fifth, the Longhorns loaded the bases on a double,
          a single and a walk before David Maroul (Benbrook, Texas) dropped in a
          one-out double between the center fielder and second baseman to plate a
          pair of scores and make it a 7-0 ballgame. The Roadrunners, meanwhile,
          were limited to three singles and two walks by Kasparek through six
          frames. Texas then added three runs in the bottom of the seventh via two
          walks, a pair of singles and a passed ball to push on top 10-0. From
          there, Randy Boone (Yoakum, Texas), Jordon Street (Austin, Texas), Bryan
          Herrera (Austin, Texas) and J. Brent Cox (Bay City, Texas) limited UTSA
          to one hit over the final three frames to cap the shutout win. Picking
          up the victory was Kasparek, who struck out three and allowed only three
          hits over six frames in his second start of the year, while Caleb Barton
          shouldered the loss for UT-San Antonio.

          Pacing the Horns' offense on the day were Stubbs and Johnston, who each
          tallied multiple-hit efforts, three RBI and a two-run home run a piece.
          Other notable contributors for UT were Taylor Teagarden (Carrollton,
          Texas) and Prince, who each had a pair of hits while combining for two
          runs scored and one RBI. On the other side of the ledger, the
          Roadrunners' Michael McKennon, Ryan Crew, Lee Todesco and Eric Moreno
          each collected one hit on the day to headline the UTSA attack.
          Additionally, Stubbs and Johnston both extended their current hitting
          streaks to eight games, while both Jordon Street and Herrera made their
          first career pitching appearances for UT.

          Up next, the Horns open up a three-game series against No. 5 Stanford at
          Disch-Falk Field on Friday, Feb. 18 at 2:30 p.m. Central.
        • George Patrick
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
            All of the Longhorn baseball games are broadcast on KVET AM1300. It's not
            a real strong station but it does carry home and away games normally.

            Hook "em, Horns!

            George of Austin