Re: [TexasCzechs] Staha

  • Richard A. Garza
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi Sir John,
      Staha is a corruption of the original spelling of Stacha
      (pronounced: stah-ha).
      Rick

      On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:23:41 -0800 (PST) "John L. Mikeska"
      <jlmikeska@...> writes:
      Willi,

      I wondered is Staha was an Americanized spelling of Stasta, which my
      paternal grandmother's maiden name was. Know they went somewhere around
      Bryan when they entered the US in Nov 1880. My Stastas' are hiding
      behind a big brick wall.

      Sir John
    • DENNIS MASAR
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
        I don't thinks. All the Plasek family i've located so
        far spell the name as Plasek in the US. Some of the
        Spellings in Moravia, Czech Republic are Plassek and
        Plaschek. Thanks for checking.

        Dennis
        --- Willie Petruy <wpetruy@...> wrote:

        > There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
        > Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann.
        > Is this the name
        > Americanized?

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/S_B0zD/_WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

      • Michale
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 5, 2007
          I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
          passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
          history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
          put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

          Kayla
        • pfoster
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
            Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your Grandfathers date of birth/death.  Where they lived.  Any brothers or sisters she had.  This will be a great help.  paulasmaggie
            I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
            passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
            history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
            put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

            Kayla

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Eric In The Woodlands
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007

              My grandmother, Annie Staha Petter, passed away one year ago today.

              Please forward any information you have about your parents, and I may be able to help.

              Eric J. Teltschik, grandson of Annie Margaret Staha Petter.

              I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
              passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
              history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
              put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

              Kayla

            • Lois Petter Pereira

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                  My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                  Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                  January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                  2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                  other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                  her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather's side. Hopefully
                  this will help a bit.

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

                  > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                  Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                  sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                  11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                • pfoster
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                    Kayla, Would you please send the first names?  paulasmaggie
                    My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                    Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                    January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                    2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                    other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                    her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather' s side. Hopefully
                    this will help a bit.

                    --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                    > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                    Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                    sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                    11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • Michale
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                      My grandmother's first name was Regina and my grandfather's name was
                      Leo. My grandfather's parents were Charles and Louise Jurica Staha
                      and he had 5 brother's named George, Ray, Eugene, Jerry, and Alex and
                      3 sisters named Betty Holub, Vlasta Vacek, and Clara Gethman. My
                      grandmother's parents were Albert and Ludmilla (Klein) Segner and she
                      had 5 brother's named Henry, Robert, Ewald, Lawrence, and Erwin
                      Segner and 2 sister's named Rose Weber and Evelyn Segner. All of this
                      I found from their Obits, but that's all I have to go on.

                      Date:
                      > 11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                      11/6/2007 10:04 AM