Re: [TexasCzechs] Staha

  • Richard A Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
      Thank you Kay.  I only had the word from someone else that she was buried there and I guess they were mistaken.

      Judy

      Alphonse Polansky <akpolansky@...> wrote:
      Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is no Lucy or anything close. Kay

    • Willie Petruy
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
        There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
        Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann. Is this the name
        Americanized?

        Do you have any Plasek Listing in the West cemetery?

        Thanks

        dennis Masar
        wrote:

        > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
        > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
        > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
        > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
          Willi,

          I wondered is Staha was an Americanized spelling of Stasta, which my paternal grandmother's maiden name was. Know they went somewhere around Bryan when they entered the US in Nov 1880.  My Stastas' are hiding behind a big brick wall.

          Sir John

          wrote:

          > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
          > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
          > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
          > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Richard A. Garza
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            Hi Sir John,
            Staha is a corruption of the original spelling of Stacha
            (pronounced: stah-ha).
            Rick

            On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:23:41 -0800 (PST) "John L. Mikeska"
            <jlmikeska@...> writes:
            Willi,

            I wondered is Staha was an Americanized spelling of Stasta, which my
            paternal grandmother's maiden name was. Know they went somewhere around
            Bryan when they entered the US in Nov 1880. My Stastas' are hiding
            behind a big brick wall.

            Sir John
          • DENNIS MASAR
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
              I don't thinks. All the Plasek family i've located so
              far spell the name as Plasek in the US. Some of the
              Spellings in Moravia, Czech Republic are Plassek and
              Plaschek. Thanks for checking.

              Dennis
              --- Willie Petruy <wpetruy@...> wrote:

              > There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
              > Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann.
              > Is this the name
              > Americanized?

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/S_B0zD/_WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

            • Michale
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 5, 2007
                I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                Kayla
              • pfoster
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                  Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your Grandfathers date of birth/death.  Where they lived.  Any brothers or sisters she had.  This will be a great help.  paulasmaggie
                  I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                  passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                  history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                  put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                  Kayla

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                • Eric In The Woodlands
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007

                    My grandmother, Annie Staha Petter, passed away one year ago today.

                    Please forward any information you have about your parents, and I may be able to help.

                    Eric J. Teltschik, grandson of Annie Margaret Staha Petter.

                    I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                    passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                    history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                    put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                    Kayla

                  • Lois Petter Pereira

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                        My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                        Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                        January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                        2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                        other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                        her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather's side. Hopefully
                        this will help a bit.

                        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

                        > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                        Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                        sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                        11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                      • pfoster
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                          Kayla, Would you please send the first names?  paulasmaggie
                          My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                          Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                          January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                          2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                          other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                          her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather' s side. Hopefully
                          this will help a bit.

                          --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                          > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                          Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                          sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                          11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        • Michale
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                            My grandmother's first name was Regina and my grandfather's name was
                            Leo. My grandfather's parents were Charles and Louise Jurica Staha
                            and he had 5 brother's named George, Ray, Eugene, Jerry, and Alex and
                            3 sisters named Betty Holub, Vlasta Vacek, and Clara Gethman. My
                            grandmother's parents were Albert and Ludmilla (Klein) Segner and she
                            had 5 brother's named Henry, Robert, Ewald, Lawrence, and Erwin
                            Segner and 2 sister's named Rose Weber and Evelyn Segner. All of this
                            I found from their Obits, but that's all I have to go on.

                            Date:
                            > 11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                            11/6/2007 10:04 AM