Re: [TexasCzechs] Staha

  • Richard A Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
      Thank you Kay.  I only had the word from someone else that she was buried there and I guess they were mistaken.

      Judy

      Alphonse Polansky <akpolansky@...> wrote:
      Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is no Lucy or anything close. Kay

    • DENNIS MASAR
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
        Do you have any Plasek Listing in the West cemetery?

        Thanks

        dennis Masar
        wrote:

        > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
        > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
        > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
        > no Lucy or anything close. Kay
      • Willie Petruy
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
          There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
          Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann. Is this the name
          Americanized?

          wrote:

          > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
          > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
          > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
          > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • John L. Mikeska
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            Willi,

            I wondered is Staha was an Americanized spelling of Stasta, which my paternal grandmother's maiden name was. Know they went somewhere around Bryan when they entered the US in Nov 1880.  My Stastas' are hiding behind a big brick wall.

            Sir John

            wrote:

            > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
            > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
            > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
            > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Richard A. Garza
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
              Hi Sir John,
              Staha is a corruption of the original spelling of Stacha
              (pronounced: stah-ha).
              Rick

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
                I don't thinks. All the Plasek family i've located so
                far spell the name as Plasek in the US. Some of the
                Spellings in Moravia, Czech Republic are Plassek and
                Plaschek. Thanks for checking.

                Dennis
                --- Willie Petruy <wpetruy@...> wrote:

                > There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
                > Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann.
                > Is this the name
                > Americanized?

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/S_B0zD/_WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

              • Michale
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 5, 2007
                  I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                  passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                  history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                  put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                  Kayla
                • pfoster
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your Grandfathers date of birth/death.  Where they lived.  Any brothers or sisters she had.  This will be a great help.  paulasmaggie
                    I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                    passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                    history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                    put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                    Kayla

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • Eric In The Woodlands
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007

                      My grandmother, Annie Staha Petter, passed away one year ago today.

                      Please forward any information you have about your parents, and I may be able to help.

                      Eric J. Teltschik, grandson of Annie Margaret Staha Petter.

                      I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                      passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                      history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                      put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                      Kayla

                    • Lois Petter Pereira

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                          My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                          Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                          January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                          2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                          other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                          her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather's side. Hopefully
                          this will help a bit.

                          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

                          > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                          Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                          sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                          11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                        • pfoster
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                            Kayla, Would you please send the first names?  paulasmaggie
                            My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                            Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                            January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                            2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                            other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                            her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather' s side. Hopefully
                            this will help a bit.

                            --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                            > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                            Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                            sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                            11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          • Michale
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                              My grandmother's first name was Regina and my grandfather's name was
                              Leo. My grandfather's parents were Charles and Louise Jurica Staha
                              and he had 5 brother's named George, Ray, Eugene, Jerry, and Alex and
                              3 sisters named Betty Holub, Vlasta Vacek, and Clara Gethman. My
                              grandmother's parents were Albert and Ludmilla (Klein) Segner and she
                              had 5 brother's named Henry, Robert, Ewald, Lawrence, and Erwin
                              Segner and 2 sister's named Rose Weber and Evelyn Segner. All of this
                              I found from their Obits, but that's all I have to go on.

                              Date:
                              > 11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                              11/6/2007 10:04 AM