Staha

  • Alphonse Polansky
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
      Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is no Lucy or anything close. Kay
    • Richard A Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
        Thank you Kay.  I only had the word from someone else that she was buried there and I guess they were mistaken.

        Judy

        Alphonse Polansky <akpolansky@...> wrote:
        Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is no Lucy or anything close. Kay

      • DENNIS MASAR
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
          Do you have any Plasek Listing in the West cemetery?

          Thanks

          dennis Masar
          wrote:

          > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
          > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
          > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
          > no Lucy or anything close. Kay
        • Willie Petruy
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
            Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann. Is this the name
            Americanized?

            wrote:

            > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
            > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
            > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
            > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
              Willi,

              I wondered is Staha was an Americanized spelling of Stasta, which my paternal grandmother's maiden name was. Know they went somewhere around Bryan when they entered the US in Nov 1880.  My Stastas' are hiding behind a big brick wall.

              Sir John

              wrote:

              > Judy, I have the Directory of the West Cemetery and
              > there is no listing of any Staha's at all. There are
              > a few Stacha's but even with that spelling there is
              > no Lucy or anything close. Kay

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Richard A. Garza
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
                Hi Sir John,
                Staha is a corruption of the original spelling of Stacha
                (pronounced: stah-ha).
                Rick

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
                  I don't thinks. All the Plasek family i've located so
                  far spell the name as Plasek in the US. Some of the
                  Spellings in Moravia, Czech Republic are Plassek and
                  Plaschek. Thanks for checking.

                  Dennis
                  --- Willie Petruy <wpetruy@...> wrote:

                  > There are 6 Plsek's in St. Mary's Cemetery in West.
                  > Agnes,Emily,Fred,Robert W., Tomas F.and Willa Ann.
                  > Is this the name
                  > Americanized?

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/S_B0zD/_WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

                • Michale
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 5, 2007
                    I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                    passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                    history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                    put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                    Kayla
                  • pfoster
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                      Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your Grandfathers date of birth/death.  Where they lived.  Any brothers or sisters she had.  This will be a great help.  paulasmaggie
                      I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                      passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                      history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                      put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                      Kayla

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    • Eric In The Woodlands
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007

                        My grandmother, Annie Staha Petter, passed away one year ago today.

                        Please forward any information you have about your parents, and I may be able to help.

                        Eric J. Teltschik, grandson of Annie Margaret Staha Petter.

                        I found this site by looking into my last name after my grandmother
                        passed away on All Saint's Day. I don't know anything about my family
                        history or my last name "Staha". Anyone that might be able to help me
                        put the pieces together wouold be greatly appreciated.

                        Kayla

                      • Lois Petter Pereira

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                            My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                            Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                            January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                            2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                            other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                            her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather's side. Hopefully
                            this will help a bit.

                            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

                            > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                            Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                            sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                            11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                          • pfoster
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                              Kayla, Would you please send the first names?  paulasmaggie
                              My grandmothers date of birth was August 4, 1916 in Fredricksburg,
                              Tx. and she passed away November 1, 2007. My grandfather was born
                              January 10, 1913 in Schulenburg, Tx. and passed away September 1,
                              2001. They lived in San Angelo since they were married. As far as
                              other family, I know the last names which include Segner & Klein on
                              her side, and Schwartz which was on my grandfather' s side. Hopefully
                              this will help a bit.

                              --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                              > Kayla, Please send us your Grandmothers date of birth/death. Your
                              Grandfathers date of birth/death. Where they lived. Any brothers or
                              sisters she had. This will be a great help. paulasmaggie

                              11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            • Michale
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                                My grandmother's first name was Regina and my grandfather's name was
                                Leo. My grandfather's parents were Charles and Louise Jurica Staha
                                and he had 5 brother's named George, Ray, Eugene, Jerry, and Alex and
                                3 sisters named Betty Holub, Vlasta Vacek, and Clara Gethman. My
                                grandmother's parents were Albert and Ludmilla (Klein) Segner and she
                                had 5 brother's named Henry, Robert, Ewald, Lawrence, and Erwin
                                Segner and 2 sister's named Rose Weber and Evelyn Segner. All of this
                                I found from their Obits, but that's all I have to go on.

                                Date:
                                > 11/5/2007 4:36 AM

                                11/6/2007 10:04 AM