OBIT: Ernie Okruhlik

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005

      801 Texas Ave.
      Houston, Texas
      77002

      Links to other
      U.S.
        papers

    • Julie Matus
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2005
        We attended the Rosary for Ernie Okruhlik last night at the Holy
        Rosary Catholic Church in Rosenberg. The church was very full of
        family, friends and relatives. The eulogies presented were very
        nice. We have been friends of the family for many years. Ernie
        always had a smile on his face and would always greet you with a
        pleasant 'hello, how are you?' There will be music by the Texas
        Sound Check during the Mass today in Praha and at the cemetery all
        musicians were asked to bring their instrument and join in playing
        some songs since Ernie was very much interested in Czech music.

        Thanks, Julie & Wes

        Julie & Wes Matus
        Spring, TX

        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala,
        Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        From: "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...>
        Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:33:14 -0600

        --------
        > AP Breaking News
        > E The People
        > News Specials

        --------
        > Archives
        > Corrections
        > E-mail products
        > Help
        > Advertising Info
        > Privacy policy
        > Report a problem
        > Sitemap
        > To contact us:
        > E-mail:
        > online@...
        > Office phone:
        > 713-220-2700
        > Main Switchboard:
        > 713-220-7171
        > Address:
        > Houston Chronicle
        > 801 Texas Ave.
        > Houston, Texas
        > 77002

        --------
        > Links to other
        > U.S.
        > papers
        >

        > Ernie Okruhlik
        >
        > Funeral Mass for ERNIE OKRUHLIK,
        61, of Richmond, TX, will be held at 11:00 A.M., Saturday, January
        8, 2005 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha, TX. Visitation
        will begin 4:30 P.M, Friday, January 7, 2005 at Davis-Greenlawn
        Funeral Home in Rosenberg. A rosary will be held at 7:30 P.M. at
        Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 1416 George St., Rosenberg, TX.

        > Ernie was born June 14, 1943 in
        Praha, TX and passed away January 5, 2005 in Richmond, TX after a
        courageous battle with cancer. Ernie was an avid musician having
        played with the City Polka Boys and The Bobby Jones Czech Band.
        Ernie owned Pecan Country Realtors in Richmond and was named
        Realtor of the Year in Fort Bend County in 1984.

        > Ernie is survived by his wife,
        Earline Berger Okruhlik; children, Cheryl Hahn, Pam Tipton, and
        Troy Okruhlik and seven grandchildren. Davis-Greenlawn Funeral
        Home 3900 B.F. Terry Blvd. Rosenberg, Texas 77471 281-341-8800.
        > Published in the Houston Chronicle
        on 1/7/2005.

        http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
        > Ernie Okruhlik - RICHMOND
        >
        > Friday, January 7th, 2005
        >

        > View/Sign Guest Book
        > RICHMOND - Ernie Okruhlik, 61, of
        Richmond, died Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2005.
        > He was born June 14, 1943, in
        Praha, to John B. Okruhlik of Flatonia and the late Mary Castecka
        Okruhlik. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army Reserves and a member
        of Holy Rosary Catholic Church, serving as a Eucharist Minister.
        He was a third degree Knights of Columbus and was a member of the
        church council. He played with the City Polka Boys and The Bobby
        Jones Czech band, and was a director for the Polka Lovers Club of
        America. He was a member of Fort Bend Association of Realtors,
        Houston and National Association of Realtors, and served as
        director for the Fort Bend Water Control and Imp. District No. 2,
        Texas Association of Realtors, and Century 21 Houston Brokers
        Council. He was the president of Fort Bend County Board of
        Realtors, chairman of the Board of Equalization for the City of
        Stafford, and was named Realtor of the Year in Fort Bend County in
        1984.

        > Survivors: wife, Earline Berger
        Okruhlik; daughters, Cheryl Okruhlik Hahn of Rosenberg and Pam
        Okruhlik Tipton of Flatonia; son, Troy Douglas Okruhlik of Fort
        Worth; sister, Lillie Mae Machicek of Taylor; brother, Bennie
        Okruhlik of Spring; and seven grandchildren.

        > Visitation will be 4:30-6:30 p.m.
        today at Davis-Greenlawn Funeral Home chapel in Rosenberg.

        > A rosary will be recited 7:30 p.m.
        tonight at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Rosenberg.

        > Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday
        at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha, the Rev. Edward Bartsch
        officiating.

        > Burial will be at St. Mary's
        Catholic Cemetery in Praha. Davis-Greenlawn Funeral Chapels,
        Rosenberg, 281-341-8800.

        > Memorials: American Cancer Society,
        Houston Metro Area, P.O. Box 570127, Houston, Texas 77257-0127 or
        Holy Rosary Vision 2011, 1416 George Street, Rosenberg, Texas
        77471.

        > Create a Living Tribute to honor
        and preserve life stories for future generations.
        > Order Flowers or Gifts | Donate to
        a Charity | Guest Book

        Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net