Re: [TexasCzechs] the Hosek Family inquiry

  • Patricia Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
      This is a response to Melissa's question about the Hosek family:
      Melissa,
      The Hosek family is not part of my ancestry, however I did find your great-grandfather's family listed in the 1900, 1910, 1920 and 1930 U.S. Census for Ellis County, TX.  These show that Frank and Minnie Hosek had several children, including Clara, Agnes, Leon, Alice, Laura, Ludmilla, Thelma, Eugene, Marvin, and Weldon.  Perhaps your great-aunt used a nickname or middle name, which could explain why it's not shown on these census listings.  Frank's immigration date is listed as 1889 or 1890 on these census, and he is shown as being born in Bohemia or "Czech".  Minnie is shown as being born in Missouri.  It also says Frank owned his farm, and by 1910 he was a naturalized citizen.

      I hope this information is of some help in your family research.

      Pat Mercincavage
      My great-aunt Pauline Hosek Conrad of Ennis, Ellis County, Texas died December 31, 2004. We are currently unsure of her age, although it is estimated at 96. She was the daughter of Frank Hosek and Minnie Bartunek. She was also the sister of my grandfather Eugene Arnold Hosek. I really do not have much information on their family and would appreciate any help that could be given to me.

      Thank you, Melissa Carlisle

    • Melissa Morrow
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005

        Thank you for that information. That is so helpful....judging by the fact that the rest of the children are listed chronologically, I think it must have been Ludmilla Pauline. I'll keep looking and hopefully find more info. If you happen across anything, I'd love to hear it as well.

        Thanks, Melissa Carlisle

      • sylviajean12@cs.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
          The following information is from the Telico History Book --

          Page 98 has an article about Josef Bartunek and Mary Haskovec family.  It states that Minnie Bartunek anrd Frank Hosek had 9 children - Helen, Agnes, Leon, Pauline, Eugene, Marvin and Alice, Thelma, and Weldon.

          Pg 151 has an article about the Marvin Hosek and Lucille Osborn family.

          SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
        • Melissa Morrow
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005

            Where can I find a copy of this book?