Looking for Veronica Sugarek

  • SUGAREK%BILBO@uthscsa.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
      From: ARWEN2::IN%"Roy9214@..." 1-NOV-2000 07:36:34.99
      To: IN%"Sugarek%BILBO@...", IN%"THrncirik@..."
      CC:
      Subj: Veronica Sugarek

      Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:36:28 -0500 (EST)
      From: Roy9214@...
      Subject: Veronica Sugarek
      To: Sugarek%BILBO@..., THrncirik@...

      Nancy- I am searching for information on Veronica aka Verusha aka Veruna..

      She is Frantisek Johan Sugarek's sister. She was born Feb 6, 1850 and
      arrived in Galveston in 1867 and died Jan 22, 1948 in Schulenberg, TX.,
      buried in Dubina, TX...

      Husbands are Rudolf Smajstrla and Frank Adamec
      Her daughter was Mrs. F.A. Bezecny. (possibly other children.)

      If you know anything about her I would be grateful. Also, if you could post
      this request to your Email site we might make contact with some of her
      family.

      Thanks,
      Roy Sugarek
    • SA Barton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
        Dear Mr. Sugarek,
        Thank you for the information on Veronica, onother sibling of Frantisek Johan Sugarek. Do you know what year she first married?
        The reason I ask is that the only Veronica Sugarek I have
        found on the 1860, 1870, 1880 or 1900 census for either Colorado or Fayette County is my greatgrandmother,Veronica Sugarek (parents: Frantisek Sugarek and Barbara Simicek; born 8/14/1859 Hostyn; married Josef Frank Barton 10/11/1877).
        But I'll look for the Veronica you mention.

        Could I please ask if you have any information as to the names of the maternal grandparents of Frantisek, Jan, and Venzel Sugarek on the mother's side? I have Matous Sugarek (b. 1790) and Veronika Smolik (b. 1786) to be their parents. But what are the names of the parents of Veronika Smolik? and where were they from? Sklenov?

        Also are the paternal greatgrandparents known for them as well?
        I have the parents of Matous Sugarek to be Frank Sugarek (b.1764)
        and Anna Macha (b. 1768), do we know the names of their parents?

        Also what are the names of the parents of Anna Simek (wife of
        Frantisek Johan Sugarek)?

        I would greatly appreciate whatever information you could share or make any corrections in what I have. Thank you.

        In one of the previous emails Johanna Sugarek was mentioned.
        I found a Johanna Sugarek (b.?,d.1889, buried Praha; married
        John Cykala 2/23/1881, Praha; children: Ludmilla 1882, Albina 1887, Karolina 1884, Leonard 1887, Raymond 1889 died as baby)

        On the 1880 Fayette County census there is
        prec. 8. p. 22 house 195
        Shukarek:
        Frank 26 M farmer Moravia Mor Mor
        Anna 19 F " " "
        Vincent 1 M son Tx " "
        Hermina 6/12 F dau Tx " "

        I try to send all the Sugarek Family information I find to Nancy Sugarek in San Antonio but I never know what she receives because I have great difficulty with her email address.
        Nancy and I share the same Frantisek Sugarek (b. 1/29/1819, married lst wife Apollonia Chomutorek 1856 children:Karel Simon B. 10/27/1849 and marianna Thekla b. 9/14/1844;
        married 2nd wife Barbara Simicek 11/30/1831 children:
        Veronica 8/14/1859 and Anna 7/27/1861)

        Nancy, please help, all my email messages to you are still bouncing back undelivered, just got 2 back yesterday.

        So very pleased to "meet" another Sugarek relative.
        Sincerely,
        Sara Ann Barton

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
          So sorry about the bounced back messages. Try SUGAREK%BILBO@....
          Nancy Sugarek
        • janetsk57
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22 11:39 AM
            I have just two notes from my late cousin, George Smaistrla regarding
            Veronica Sugarek. (I am the grandaughter of Frank Bohumil Smaistrla--
            he changed the spelling from Smajstrla to Smaistrla). (Frank Bohumil
            is a child of Jan Smajstrla who was brother to Rudolf Smajstrla who
            was Veronica's first husband)

            My notes show that Rudolf Smajstrla was was born in 1848 and died on
            2/5/1881 and was married to a Veronika Sugarek who was born on
            2/6/1850 and died on 1/22/1948.
            My notes also show:
            Veronika Sugarek remarried F. Adamac.
            Rudolf Smajstrla is buried in Dubina Cemetery. The name on the
            tombstone is misspelled as "Rudolph Smajstyrla".
            Wife is buried beside him under name of Adamec
            Arrived in Galveston, Texas in November 1860 from Bremen. He became a
            naturalized citizen on 9/13/1871 at age of 23. He died in a drowning
            accident with his adopted daughter when the buggy overturned in a
            rain swollen gully.
            Rudolf's siblings were Jan Smajstrla and Filomena Veronika Smajstrla
            who was married to Jan Bajer (Bjyer) on 2/20/1851.
            Veronika Sugarek is buried in Dubina, Texas
            I have a copy of a picture of Filomena Bajer and her mother who must
            have gone by the name of Veronika Smajstrla Bajer-- but, I'm sorry,
            I do not have a picture of Veronika Sugarek.